Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #1

How high? (New 2017 29ME on the way!!)

Now that we have ended our nearly 3 year research process and decided on a new Greyhawk 29ME, we are looking for all the other things one needs after this particularly huge investment:
  • Cabinet slides/baskets for the deep pantry
  • Smaller pans for the oven
  • Bungee cords for most anything, etc.

And of course, the largest purchase so far after the unit itself, a good cover for the RV which will be at home in our driveway for at least the next few months.

My challenge is how high is this thing? All the specs I can find online (we don't pick up until this Saturday) tell me the total height which is much taller than any of the covers we've seen for sale.

Can the A/C units actually be 30" tall? Jayco says it is 138" exterior height but most places only make covers for 108" in a 32' Class C.

I suppose I could call that salesman and ask him to go get his tape measure but I figured one of you smart, friendly folks on here would know off the top of your head!

And yeah, we are super excited to be getting this beauty. We looked (and rented) for quite awhile.

Cheers,
Keith (& Teresa)
Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
Can the A/C units actually be 30" tall? Jayco says it is 138" exterior height but most places only make covers for 108" in a 32' Class C.
Naaaa - the AC unit is, oh, I dunno - maybe 12" tall.

138" (11 1/2 feet) is what you need to worry about when going under a bridge or into a tunnel.

When it comes to covers, the only thing I worry about is the length - bumper to bumper. The height of the cover will be whatever it is and it's usually good enough. I'm not sure you want a cover that drapes all the way to the ground anyway.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #3

Oh, good point. So I suppose 108" would be just dandy.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #4

I think the majority of class C's are pretty close in height and width. I'll be the cover makers shoot for fitting the vast number of Class Cs.

Good luck and enjoy your motorhome!
Old 12-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #5

Don’t forget to subtract the distance from the bottom of the unit to the ground.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Don’t forget to subtract the distance from the bottom of the unit to the ground.
Hadn't thought about that, so ordered what I think is the right size. We'll find out soon enough!
Old 12-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #7

I have a 2017 ME. I believe the specs report the exterior height at 12'6''. The AC Units are taller than 12'', though I can't say exactly how tall they are because I haven't been up on the roof yet (and my ME, at least, doesn't have an attached ladder).

And I'm also in the DFW area!!! Happy Camping. If you love your unit half as much as we do ours, you will be satisfied!!

Patrick
Old 12-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by janepatm View Post
I have a 2017 ME. I believe the specs report the exterior height at 12'6''. The AC Units are taller than 12'', though I can't say exactly how tall they are because I haven't been up on the roof yet (and my ME, at least, doesn't have an attached ladder).

And I'm also in the DFW area!!! Happy Camping. If you love your unit half as much as we do ours, you will be satisfied!!

Patrick
Hey Patrick

Thanks. Should be able to see soon how the cover fits. Ordered one from Budge, since we use them for our cars and they make a good cover. Will send you a PM.

And we are wondering what kind of ladder to order too. That was the only thing I would like to have seen added to the ME, all things considered. Thinking of a collapsible extension version.

Will send you a PM!

Keith
Old 12-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #9

Broke down and ordered an extendable ladder so I can get up on top to sweep my 'topperless' slides!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will advise how it works.

Keith
2017 Greyhawk 29ME