Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
SJD

Hurricane Michael Help

I need a little help. I had a vacation home with motorhome pad in Mexico Beach, FL., the key word there is had. I am needing to get back there to take care of business but I can not find anywhere close to park the
Seneca and drive in, I am coming from MO. I don't think it would be wise to try to get into Mexico Beach with the coach. I was wondering if any of you fine folks living in area of FL were not heavily affected by the hurricane I could bum a parking space for a few days? I would fly down but there are no hotel rooms that I can find to stay in. I need the Seneca for living quarters. Any thoughts or suggestions accepted.
When I mean had I mean the only thing left is a concrete slab. Our house was 150 steps from the beach so the 14 ft storm surge took those concrete block walls down the street a good block or more.
SJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #2

Can't help with the parking, but have you tried calling the County Sheriff to see if getting to your lot is possible.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
SJD

I have checked with known locals and neighbors who have gotten in. They say the roads are suspect. A lot of one lane washed out main roads plus debris has somewhat been cleared but chances of running over debris and nails still high probability. Roadside assistance is not a good option at this time is that part of the country. Better to have toad to maneuver with in that area.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #4

There are some RV parks in the Pensacola area, it would be a ~ 2 hr drive to Mexico beach from Pcola if they have any room.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #5

Come on down

SJD, I live in Crestview Bout 1-1/2 hours north of Mexico beach. 30 minutes north of Ft Walton Bch. I have plenty of room next to my Seneca for you to stay. Some of our staff have have been driving in to Panama City every day to assist the county jail, it takes them about 1-30 minutes to get there. Most power has been restored to Panama City. I did hear that highway 98 is clear all theater in to Mexico beach. Call pm me joe. Even better fly into VPS and stay at our place if you want to.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
SJD

Joe1mc thanks for the offer. I can now move forward with some plans. I have found some additional options but not sure about them. I will call you when my travel plans come together. Thanks
Old 10-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #7

From RV business:

After several days of cleanup and work with local authorities, Panama City Beach RV Resort in Panama City Beach, Fla., is ready to welcome guests again, according to a press release.

The resort sustained very minimal damage and was able to fully restore both power, as well as water as of Sunday (Oct. 14). The resort was lucky to escape the full wrath of the storm, as much of the devastation happened further inland.