Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #1

Hydraulic jacks

Oh Lord, I desperately need guidance. All jacks work BUT once I get under way the Jack lights all start flashing. When I stop and look, the two forward jacks have dropped about an inch. My work around is to lift them back up using a piston jack. Difficult for me being physically disabled. Does anyone have an answer to the problem?
Bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #2

From what I recall there could be numerous issues.

Do you turn them off manually or let them go off automatically after retracting? There were reports that a manual shutdown does not let all the fluid return to the tank.

There was also discussions that the limit switch may need to be adjusted since they need to stop a split second earlier when going up.

I don't think low fluid would be the issue, but you may be getting some air in the system if the tank is low.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #3

I have a 2019 Seneca with the Equalizer leveling system. The lights would all come on the the warning system would go off while driving. My jacks actually were not extending. If I pressed the ALL Retract button the system would run and in a minute or so all the lights old go off and I would shut off the power to the system. So, try this. Turn on the power button to the Equalizer system, press the All retract button, when the lights go off turn off the power button. I’ve had the system do this 3 or 4 times in an 8 hour driving day. It went on all winter as I was traveling in the south. Called Equalizer and they knew of the problem. They mailed me a DV2 Kit. Had my dealer install it when I returned home. Problem solved. It’s never done it again. Good luck.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayougirl View Post
Oh Lord, I desperately need guidance. All jacks work BUT once I get under way the Jack lights all start flashing. When I stop and look, the two forward jacks have dropped about an inch. My work around is to lift them back up using a piston jack. Difficult for me being physically disabled. Does anyone have an answer to the problem?

A couple of thoughts - my jack panel started flashing like a diner sign too. They did NOT drop, but the panel would go nuts - flash and beep while driving.

In my case, it was a bad ground connection. Apparently this happens a lot, so I would suggest trying this out first.

But before anything else, I'd suggest emailing Tech Support at the jack manufacturer.
Mine were made by Equalizer and I started emailing Randy. He was GREAT!!! Walked me through the steps.

Testing for a bad ground isn't too hard - I ran a big wire from the battery negative post directly to the ground lug on the jack motor. When that fixed it, I knew it was a bad ground problem.

But again, I'd urge you to start with Tech Support.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:37 AM   #5

Would anyone have recommendations on a reputable shop or mobile RV tech in SW Louisiana?
Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Would anyone have recommendations on a reputable shop or mobile RV tech in SW Louisiana?
This is the LIPPERT/POWER GEAR dealer near you.

SOUTHERN RV MOBILE HOME REPAIR
3620 GERSTNER MEMORIAL BLVD STE O
LAKE CHARLES, LA 70607
Phone: (337) 478-7278
Old 07-25-2020, 07:03 AM   #7

Grumpy I have used them before but for whatever reason they only have RV mobile techs for the simple things. Most of which I have been able to do myself with this groups guidance. They are now just a store with basic items.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Grumpy I have used them before but for whatever reason they only have RV mobile techs for the simple things. Most of which I have been able to do myself with this groups guidance. They are now just a store with basic items.
Here's the link from LIPPERT. There were several listed that may be close to you besides the one in Lake Charles.

https://www.lci1.com/dealer-locator
Old 07-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #9

I realize I have a different coach but when my jack alarm started sounding while driving down the road it turned out to be a low fluid level. The fluid needs to be checked while the jacks are fully retracted as that is when the the level will be at maximum. It didn’t look very low to me but after I brought it up to the fill line every thing went back to normal. Apparently there is a very fine line between normal and alarm.
Just for grins you might want to look at the tank level when the jacks are fully deployed just to see how much the fluid drops under normal operating conditions. Good luck to you in finding a resolution.