Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #21

I have 24 days on my HJ and have used a little more than 1/2 the original tank. Our refrig works well on propane.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Grumpy, very interesting you went from a Seneca to a 5th wheel. I'm curious how you use your Pinnacle that encouraged you to move to 5th wheel rather than say a Class A dp or gas?
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Grandpa, very high quality review, though I wished you had also owned either a Tiffin or Newmar dp as part of your experiences for comparison purposes.

My basic premise, not necessarily one that others would agree with, is that if the chassis is satisfactory, the house is secondary. The reason is that as far as I'm concerned a tremendous amount of changes can be made to the house to make it work. So, when I look at your list, basically, I personally rate the issues as "no big deal."

For example, if you can afford to buy a Seneca, you can afford to drop off the entry level tv to Goodwill and go out and buy a high quality tv. And, yes, I feel like all the rest of your issues are as easily dealt with.

But that is why I would buy used, and for (me) the top 5 issues are chassis, chassis, chassis, chassis, and chassis.

After I retired, the first "buy" I made was RV service technician training, my second is my Boxer dog, my third will be Trike flying lessons, and then maybe...
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:40 AM   #24

Nice review!

Our TV's are "Seiki". No clue how to pronounce, but picture is fine. Still playing and learning about everything after being in it 37FS for 15 days.

o far we have added coat hooks, cup holders, dash cell phone holder, an ice chest as a console between the front seats and a few other things.

We are basically living in it full time, though we still have a house that we store stuff in. Planning to head to Florida, this next Sunday. Right now just trying to get everything organized from the upgrade from our 2005 Arctic Fox 30U to the 37FS.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first impressions, seneca