Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #21

Well its OK if the front wheels leave the ground to level. However, I would suggest to lower the front back to Earth before bringing the slide rooms back in. The unit does not have to be perfectly level for the slides, but it does need to be free of a "bind" that may occur if any of the levelers are pushing harder than the others.

As far as the fridge is concerned. They can be as much as 3/4 of a bubble off level these days. The newer units have the evap/cooling tube longer than the old days. They actually go up and over the top of the fridge now. This allows the stuff to rise up, and eliminates the "vapor locks" of the old days when the units had the short tubes.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #22

We have a big foot leveling system on our 2012 Jayco Greyhawk. They just stopped working. Anybody had this happen before? It seems to go into the first part and after it stops blinking in a circle the top light and the bottom light just keeps flashing. The levelers will not go down no matter what we push. Auto or Manual.
bdill25366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdill25366 View Post
We have a big foot leveling system on our 2012 Jayco Greyhawk. They just stopped working. Anybody had this happen before? It seems to go into the first part and after it stops blinking in a circle the top light and the bottom light just keeps flashing. The levelers will not go down no matter what we push. Auto or Manual.
As I mentioned before. BIG Foot has 24/7 365 customer service. I would give them a call. 269 483 9633
Old 10-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #24

You are grumpy....lol Dan did call them but they panel will not respond or come on. Maybe they can figure it out.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #25

Gwed, that's interesting I di did happen to retract slide with front wheels off the ground about 3 inches,,thinking level is level and best to retract than..
I will call big foot on this..for instance deploy slide before or after leveling first? I felt no bind or resistance or improper sound while retracting
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #26

I was told during our PDI to level first and then run the slide out. And when departing, run the slide in and then pull the levelers up.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #27

Also, no bass for me...setting hook too soon..wasnt aware how big that manhunt was till we got home..but felt safe with the police presence..camgrounds full for weekends but local businesses hurting..people staying away...shame
Old 10-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #28

Me too NC pretty sure...hey thinking of the great outdoors campground in nc...also will low tree in sc...really enjoying 31fk...watched tv in the bedroom for first time the other night and thought we were in a hotel...couch could be a little bigger but my wife feels like split bath and bedroom with bathroom door open is like a aster suite...! also tweaked mattress pad cover and put 1"foam under mattress and that seemed to do the trick!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #29

We figured out the problem. There was a blown fuse in the house battery compartment. After replacing the radio and the Big Foot Levelers are back in action. Some times you just figure it out yourself.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #30

The manual says that the wheels should not be off the ground ??? I used the "manual" button on the leveler and managed to level the RV without lifting the wheels off the ground. That's a lot of stress on the frame when the wheels are off the ground !!! I also noticed my slides are out of alignment when the wheels are off the ground. When I leveled it manually the slides are perfect.

2015 Greyhawk 31ds
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #31
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaigle View Post
The manual says that the wheels should not be off the ground ??? I used the "manual" button on the leveler and managed to level the RV without lifting the wheels off the ground. That's a lot of stress on the frame when the wheels are off the ground !!! I also noticed my slides are out of alignment when the wheels are off the ground. When I leveled it manually the slides are perfect.

2015 Greyhawk 31ds
I agree. But you see it all the time. I have seen big DP's with the rear's 6 inches off the ground.

Also saw a huge TT, 35 feet maybe, that had one side lifting the tires off the ground by at least 8-10 inches

I wouldn't think that is good for anything but maybe no harm is being done.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaigle View Post

2015 Greyhawk 31ds
In 2001 I went to Big Foot's factory in White Pigeon to have them installed on our 32' DESIGNER "C" (JAYCO wasn't using the system then) and when the rep did the demo we where parked in an area where it lifted the front tires, He said no problem also.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #33
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
In 2001 I went to Big Foot's factory in White Pigeon to have them installed on our 32' DESIGNER "C" (JAYCO wasn't using the system then) and when the rep did the demo we where parked in an area where it lifted the front tires, He said no problem also.
It doesn't hurt the jack system therefore bigfoot has no problem but the coach builder(Jayco) does
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #34

Spoke with rick at Bigfoot this morning told him what I did and he said sounds good to him..ie level first before deploying slider and retract slider while level...he did indicate front wheels up not ideal but not harmful just not stored that way...no hybrid makes a good point though that Jayco may advise differently regarding coach needs..also perhaps I could have done better manually leveling but can't imagine avoiding no wheels up at this site which we really liked..when I go there again I will bring chocks and blocks and play with more..and hopefully catholic some bass!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #35

I mean catholic some bass..lol
Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #36

Catch...spell check!