Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #11

An excellent review. I'm in the looking/deciding phase and a post like yours really helps.

tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:18 PM   #12

We are beginning our second season with our2014 31fk Greyhawk. Very happy. Will need to replace washer at blackwster flush meets tank. Carefully open and close windows. Will do first roof inspection very soon lancastrr PA is first stop this April. Haven't tested tank heat pads. But everything else seems good. Dont overfil propane. Everyone on this forum has enriched our experience. We rented for 6 years before purchasing. I'm in jersey as well!

thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM   #13

There is a thread on this site about the Helliwigs needing adjustment. I adjusted mine and found a big improvement in the ride. Seemed to help with the sway when big rigs were passing me.

Doesn't eliminate it but it helps.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:37 PM   #14

reitrof, I looked up and read (twice) the Hellwig thread you just mentioned. Good read. Mine are 4" so I've got some work to do. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #15

Nice writeup Bikester! Personally I thought the ride and handling was very good but I'm good to look at the helper spring adjustment. I'm one of the guys that replaced the tankless water heater after deciding it was way too cantankerous, fiddly, and not suitable for a low flow RV. My previous 2 RVs worked just fine with a standard 6 gallons WH and I could use the parks energy. My Garmin GPS works just fine. I like the display of the Jensen, but the maps are from 2012 and aren't updatable without a bucket of dough. All in all I think I got a lot of bang for the buck with the 29MV.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:11 PM   #16

Definitely agree with replacing the shower head. I'm surprised you didn't make a comment about the slide out retaining bars. Some dealers on the walk thru do not talk about those, but they should have been in the coach somewhere.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 PM   #17

Very happy to hear this review. I was dead set on a forester but was swayed to the Greyhawk recently. The Seneca would be nice, but I don't have that kind of scratch laying around.

Has anyone had the dealer put on slide toppers?

Thanks
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
reitrof, I looked up and read (twice) the Hellwig thread you just mentioned. Good read. Mine are 4" so I've got some work to do. Thanks for the heads up!
I did a write up on adjusting the heillwig's in that thread. Not hard to do at all. Mine are set to 2". Made a big difference in the handling!!
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB View Post
Has anyone had the dealer put on slide toppers?

Carl, I had the dealer put on black slide toppers) matches well to the paint job and I live in northeast not the desert) at my time of purchase. Happy I did. They only charged me for parts and threw in the installation.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #20

MomDad, yes your words were the reason I figured I could probably do the adjustment myself just fine. In a way I have a bit of trepidation in doing the adjustment as I'm very happy with the way it rides and drives. But I could always put it back if I didn't like it.
CarlB, I believe the Jayco is a better product than the Forest River. I use RV Consumer Group reviews and came to that conclusion. Yeppirs, Seneca would be nice but too rich for my blood also.
Bikester, such a deal you got from the dealer for the install. I watched a YouTube video and decided I could probably do it myself.

Tags
31fs, greyhawk, tankless