Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #1

Inside curtain, where does it go?

Just bought 2021 Melbourne 24L. The inside curtain that partially attaches near the cab is a mystery. Pulled out the curtain to set it in place. I can see the velcro attachment tabs on each side of the wall panels between the cab and the living area of the rv. Unfolded the cloth curtain and attached to the velcro tabs. The problem is, I have about 3-4 feet of extra curtain length. So, I figured the curtain must somehow cover the side windows and front windshield so that you can have privacy and still sit in the cab chairs facing the living area. Problem is no visable way to attach it. What am I missing? (I have the ourside magnet window covers and understand their use, it is this inside cloth curtain that I can't figure out)
Doshlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #2

I hope you get an answer. Sad that in 6 years they haven’t made it more obvious.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #3

Probably held up along the windshield with the sun visors flipped down.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Probably held up along the windshield with the sun visors flipped down.
There are Velcro tabs along the face of the bunk that mate with tabs on the curtain. I have the entertainment center verses the bunk house. If my memory is correct my curtain was too short. The bunk version is straight across and the entertainment center is cut out to make access easier to the back. I think if my bunk went straight across verses the cut out mine would fit better. I assumed I got the wrong curtain.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:20 PM   #5

Probably have better luck if you posted this in the Class C section and not the Super C section.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Probably have better luck if you posted this in the Class C section and not the Super C section.
Rusty, This IS the Class C section.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshlaw View Post
Just bought 2021 Melbourne 24L. The inside curtain that partially attaches near the cab is a mystery. Pulled out the curtain to set it in place. I can see the velcro attachment tabs on each side of the wall panels between the cab and the living area of the rv. Unfolded the cloth curtain and attached to the velcro tabs. The problem is, I have about 3-4 feet of extra curtain length. So, I figured the curtain must somehow cover the side windows and front windshield so that you can have privacy and still sit in the cab chairs facing the living area. Problem is no visable way to attach it. What am I missing? (I have the ourside magnet window covers and understand their use, it is this inside cloth curtain that I can't figure out)
I have a 2021 Melbourne 24L with a over cab bunk and it has the extra material on the curtain as well. Never gave it a second thought other than Jayco got their measurements wrong. I can’t imagine using the extra curtain material to cover one of the cab windows, just not enough there for that. I just let the bunched up material hang to one side and keep it out of the way.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:37 AM   #8

Do you swivel the front seats? I think the curtain is to go behind the front seats while in the swiveled position so that you can use the front seats while stationary. Maybe that is where your extra length comes into play.
I would like to use my curtain to keep dash AC or heat in the cab area when I don't use the generator to run the rooftop AC while driving. The windshield and side window covers we use for privacy while camping makes the inside seem larger and less cramped than the use of the curtain as intended. I learned this when I used my van as a camper. This is why I never pursued the issue while under warranty.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #9

We have not had the need to swivel the seats. Only my wife and I travel in the rig. But I agree, the curtain does keep the heat in the house and the cold air from the cab isolated there. I had not thought about the idea of placing the curtain behind the seats when swiveled. Good point. Not sure there is enough curtain material to accomplish that.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutmaster253 View Post
Rusty, This IS the Class C section.

It WAS in the Super C section and got moved yesterday per my request.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:08 PM   #11

Please forgive me if I sound condescending --not at all my intention. Maybe you have already done this. We just got a new Jayco Redhawk and the manual talks about the privacy drape. It's in the "Interior" section.

Hope this helps.
zoelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:56 PM   #12

We ditched those and bought some of the “silver” insulated cut to fit the sprinter front windows. We now have access to the front as well as insulation.
Jaycomelbourneng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #13
Icy

Start with one end under edge of mattress, attach to Velcro and the rest under edge of the other side. We had a 2019 Melbourne 24L
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #14

I have seen pics of where some attached above inside glass; never saw the need; I like ability to close back vs cab myself, sometimes when driving or parked to hide interior from thieves; I use snaps on my old rig and curtain panel from WM.
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshlaw View Post
I have a 2017 and the velcro tabs are under the buck section and when the curtain is attached it runs from behind the drivers seat and indents under the bunk and attaches making a u shaped curtain coming back to behind the passenger seat using all of your excess curtain material.
coarrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #16

24L Jayco Melbourne Curtin

Checked for velcro all around, only found a couple on the walls between the living area and the cab. Put my own velcro tabs up where I wanted the curtain. Works fine. Thanks to everyone who responded.
Doshlaw is offline   Reply With Quote