Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #1

Install charges for 22J Redhawk

I have 2018 Redhawk 22J, purchased new from dealer in Hamilton Ontario. When we took the delivery of the motorhome, did not feel the need for auto leveling system for a small unit like ours. But after using it for this summer season, thought of getting the levelers installed.

Checked with the same dealer and was kind of surprised for the estimate they provided me. They are asking me to pay for 18hrs of labor, which by itself is CAD $3000+ and the for the parts is Cad$5000!!! Thats close to $10000 after taxes for auto levelers on the 22J.

Does this price sound right to you guys or the dealer is trying to rip me? Any thoughts?
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post
I have 2018 Redhawk 22J, purchased new from dealer in Hamilton Ontario. When we took the delivery of the motorhome, did not feel the need for auto leveling system for a small unit like ours. But after using it for this summer season, thought of getting the levelers installed.

Checked with the same dealer and was kind of surprised for the estimate they provided me. They are asking me to pay for 18hrs of labor, which by itself is CAD $3000+ and the for the parts is Cad$5000!!! Thats close to $10000 after taxes for auto levelers on the 22J.

Does this price sound right to you guys or the dealer is trying to rip me? Any thoughts?
Contact "BIG FOOT" in White Pigeon MI and take a vacation trip. They have elec hook-ups behind the shop for the night before. They should get it done in less than 8 hours. Customs won't know you did't have them when you left Cnd.

https://www.thebigfootleveler.com/?g...oaAs74EALw_wcB