Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuimus View Post
An update to my Tiger Trak Install. Connor at Blue Ox got me into Colton RV to have them check my installation. The Tech took the bracket off and moved it down the frame what little he could and turned the top frame plate with the chamferd rods to the inside of the coach, That gave him enough to get about 10 threads into the bar. He said it was a real struggle to get it to attach. Bottom line, it is not a simple bolt on application in my case. It also cost me another 300.00. But I am glad I have it installed.
Glad to hear you were able get it installed. I think you'll be pleased with the results.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #22

After reading all the responces on the tract bar and the problems on the install,are you going to order one ? pretty expensive too,especially if you pay to have it installed....
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #23

I fully intend to have a trac bar installed on my Greyhawk MV at some point. I just need to find the one that will fit (and be well constructed).

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuimus View Post
An update to my Tiger Trak Install. Connor at Blue Ox got me into Colton RV to have them check my installation. The Tech took the bracket off and moved it down the frame what little he could and turned the top frame plate with the chamferd rods to the inside of the coach, That gave him enough to get about 10 threads into the bar. He said it was a real struggle to get it to attach. Bottom line, it is not a simple bolt on application in my case. It also cost me another 300.00. But I am glad I have it installed.
Did first trip with 7x12 tandem trailer on eindy day. Unbelievable performance 65mph all day long

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
fuimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
I fully intend to have a trac bar installed on my Greyhawk MV at some point. I just need to find the one that will fit (and be well constructed).

I installed Sumo Springs front and rear, made a night and day difference without having to go through the trouble or cost of mounting the Trac bar... Probably not as good but made a huge difference in high winds. Maybe a temporary solution to what you're trying to achieve. Another huge difference was changing out all my shocks to Bilstien.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wildhorses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhorses24 View Post
I installed Sumo Springs front and rear, made a night and day difference without having to go through the trouble or cost of mounting the Trac bar... Probably not as good but made a huge difference in high winds. Maybe a temporary solution to what you're trying to achieve. Another huge difference was changing out all my shocks to Bilstien.

Did you put the medium or heavy duty Sumo's on the front ?
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapo View Post
Did you put the medium or heavy duty Sumo's on the front ?
Medium. They're are extremely helpful and friendly if you call them. They offered to exchange them if I wasn't happy with their recommendation.

Wildhorses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #28

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapo View Post
I also noticed in your photos, that the right side bracket that mounts to the sway bar bracket does not have the side flanges with set screws that keep it from moving side ways. It shows them on the Blue OX instructions. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...structions.pdf
I was considering installing the TT2450 on my 2016 Redhawk 26XD so downloaded the install instructions. The latest version from Blue Ox dated 12/12/16 pictures the axle bracket without the side flanges but step 3 in the instructions still say to "install set screws". The older instructions dated 5/20/13 downloaded from etrailer.com that elcheapo referenced, show the flanges. I have to agree that with the amount of lateral force I would be more comfortable with the flanges taking up some of the stress.
I am now looking at the SuperStear SS450. It looks like a better option.
brandysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #29

I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. I’ve added rear firestone ride right airbags and had it properly aligned. Big improvement. I’ve also been looking in to the Super Steer SS450. Does anyone have any updates on this track bar?

John
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #30

When you added the track bar was the exhaust pipe an issue?

John
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote