Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #1

Interior cab lights

We've got a 2021 Jayco Redhawk with a Ford E-450 chassis. The interior cab lights do not come on. Not when you unlock the doors with the key fob, nor when you open the doors, or press the button next to the lights (one on each side of the cab seats). The obvious explanation would be a fuse, but no where in the fuse diagrams does it mention a fuse for the interior lights. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Golfnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:51 AM   #2

The E450 chassis cab lights should be unchanged from when it came from the factory so you can use your Ford Owner's manual to identify where the fuse is located. In my 2013 model year, the fuses for the cabin are under the dash above the driver's left foot.

Is the dimmer knob rolled to "OFF" by chance?
Old 12-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #3

Following. I have the same situation, but haven't dug into it. I have more pressing issues that needed attention.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #4

Check the bulbs first. One of mine was burnt out when I took delivery of my 2019 29MVP.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #5

I think the key has to be on.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had already checked the owner's manual before I posted - the fuse diagrams don't mention anything about interior lights (weird). I don't believe there's a dimmer switch, but I'll double check to be sure. As far as the bulbs being burned out, that's a possibility I didn't think of. I'll have to check that out. The key doesn't need to be turned on. The lights should come on when you either unlock the doors with the key fob, open the doors, or when you press the button, even if you're driving.
Golfnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #7

The cab interior map lights on my 2021 Entegra can only be described as F'-d up.

From inside the RV, go into cab and turn on overhead map light and nothing happens. Open and close the driver door, now turn on light, it works. Try to turn off the light and you cant. Once the outside courtesy tail and marker lights go out, then the map light goes out. Now I can turn the light off and on with no problem.

The passenger side light doesnt work at all unless I tap it. Then it might work.

Going down the road I can generally depend on the driver side working with the button. The passenger side not dependable (the tapping).

I thought these lights are Jayco installed, may be wrong.

We just keep a flashlight handy in the cab.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote