Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #1

Question Inverter and GFCI

2021 Entegra Esteem 27U

Is it "normal" for the inverter to power all the coach electrical outlets *except* those controlled by the GFCI? That's what's going on in my coach.

I understand the inverter can't power everything (like the microwave), but it sure seems like the GFCI outlets are the ones people would use/need the most.

Is it possible, and safe, to change this??

Thx
Xasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:14 PM   #2

It's common. Most Jayco's are setup for a cpap machine near the bed - so, just a few outlets up to 1,000 watts in mine. Anything is possible. Many RV users and manufacturers are ramping up to bigger batteries, bigger inverters and solar. I'm designing a replacement system that will run everything off batteries. Doesn't make it smart to run the air conditioner as the batteries and solar won't keep up. So, look at some of the battery sites like Battleborn to see system designs or explorist.life on YouTube. There are a lot of possibilities and it can be done reasonably. My two cents.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasa View Post
2021 Entegra Esteem 27U

Is it "normal" for the inverter to power all the coach electrical outlets *except* those controlled by the GFCI? That's what's going on in my coach.
As bluztoo said yes, since most GFCI outlets are near the sink(s) and stove which is where high wattage appliances(coffee pot, elec frying pan, griddle, hair dryer etc) are used and the Inverter is not big enough to power those.

Tags
gfci, inverter