Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #21

maybe the microwave, but it works fine.
dceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #22

How about the bedroom TV or at least that outlet?
Old 09-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #23

bedroom Tv and its outlet works fine.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceg View Post
bedroom Tv and its outlet works fine.
Then I would call/"E"mail JAYCO and ask for the wiring schematic and also ask if the BR TV is on the inverter. If it isn't then you probably need a new Inverter.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #25

Thank you
I'll call Jayco and then hire a RV repair person to figure it out.
I'm "out of my element" on this one.
Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #26

I can't seem to find the information but what does E01 and e03 mean?
dlpatterson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:21 AM   #27

Table 5-1 Fault Codes
Fault
Code Status
LED

E01 Yellow
Description Solution
Under-voltage
warning Check the connections and cable to see if the battery is fully
charged. Recharge the battery if it is low.
Reduce the load.

E02 Red Under-voltage
shutdown Disconnect the load and recharge the battery.

E03 Red Over-voltage
shutdown Make sure the XM 1800 is connected to a 12 V battery.

E04 Yellow Overload shutdown
warning Make sure the load does not exceed the XM 1800’s output
rating. Reduce the load if necessary.

E05 Red Overload shutdown Reduce or disconnect the load. Make sure the load does not
exceed the XM 1800’s output rating.
Short circuit Check connection to the load.

E06
Not used

E07
Yellow
Over-temperature
shutdown warning
Allow the unit to cool off. Reduce the load if continuous
operation is required.
Improve ventilation. Make sure the inverter’s ventilation
openings are not obstructed.
Reduce the ambient temperature.

E08
Red
Over-temperature
shutdown
Allow the unit to cool off.
Improve ventilation. Make sure the inverter’s ventilation
openings are not obstructed.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:33 AM   #28

I have a 2008 Melbourne & had a similar problem. Found the Inverter under the bed and the inverter has a GFI receptacle which had tripped. Reset the GFI & everything was fine. A little trouble to get to though.
USCG-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #29

Our 2017 Eagle TT has the Xantrex 1000 inverter in it to run our residential refrigerator, and when we got back from the store last night, the inverter panel was flashing an E05 error.

After reading this forum, I turned off everything I could, disconnected shore power, flipped the 12v cutoff switch, and disconnected the ground wire to the inverter (a LOT easier to get to that than the ground directly on the dual battery setup I have).

Waited ~ 10 min. and reversed the process. The code is gone, and everything is back to normal.

During this, I noticed that it looks like EVERY outlet in the kitchen slide is going thru the inverter which includes the residential refrigerator, the microwave, the TV (and our satellite equipment behind it) as well as a Keurig plugged in and sitting on the counter next to the stove because they all became active once I reconnected the ground, turned off the cutoff, and before I reconnected shore power.

I am going to check with Jayco because all I really want thru the inverter is the refrigerator and nothing more in the event of a power failure.

Chalk up another one for this forum and it's experienced members. Great to have such a resource at one's fingertips.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
During this, I noticed that it looks like EVERY outlet in the kitchen slide is going thru the inverter which includes the residential refrigerator, the microwave, the TV (and our satellite equipment behind it) as well as a Keurig plugged in and sitting on the counter next to the stove because they all became active once I reconnected the ground, turned off the cutoff, and before I reconnected shore power.

I am going to check with Jayco because all I really want thru the inverter is the refrigerator and nothing more in the event of a power failure.
Wow - all those outlets thru the inverter??? That doesn't seem right. Maybe I'll check that too.

FWIW In the event of a power failure, I'm running the fridge off propane. Since I'd rather use that, than battery.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #31

FYI, all you need to do to reset the inverter is to secure shore power for a few seconds.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #32

Getting the E05 code with an OL following. I have wiggled the battery shutoff as well as battery terminals. I only have a reset switch on my xantrex xm1000. I can hear the fan run randomly if that matters. Without turning fridge on, just powering on the wall unit I get the code. Tips?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #33

I know it's an old thread but it is still relevant to me. We still have intermittent occurrences of the Xantrex XM1000 inverter going into overload when disconnecting from shore power.

So is this a bad inverter or is there a design issue? I hate getting into the habit of replacing things in the hopes of fixing something only to find out later it was something else. Given that I am not an electrician but I am a firm believer in the adage that numbers don't lie, I decided to "run the numbers" as a way to try and figure this all out, so here goes. Please feel free to correct or otherwise point out anything I may be missing.

According to the specs of the refrigerator we have (Frigidaire FGHC2331PFCA), they state that the refrigerator can draw 8.5 amps@120v. I will assume that is a maximum amp draw, say during a defrost cycle and the compressor running at the same time and not a continuous draw but it could account for the intermittent pattern of overloads I am seeing where the refrigerator is at or near max amp draw when disconnecting from shore power or during a shore power failure.

Then going to an online conversion calculator, it says that at 120v, a 1000w inverter is only capable of producing 8.333 amps continuously. If that is truly the case, then with the max amperage draw stated in the refrigerator specs, the inverter is borderline going into it's overload capacity whenever the refrigerator is at max amp draw.

So is my intermittent overload occurring because the refrigerator just happens to be in a defrost cycle and/or at max amperage draw as well as max capacity of the inverter when I disconnect shore power and other times not? I can't say for sure, but taking what I am seeing in real time usage and now reading the actual specs of the components involved, it's easy to make that conclusion.

So I am pushing hard to get Jayco to first, upgrade the inverter to say a 1800w version to either make sure that the inverter can handle any and all max draws from the circuit without going into overload but also to cover the possibility of the inverter actually being bad.

But given that Jayco decided to power an entire circuit via the inverter that in our case, not only has the residential refrigerator on it, but the TV, a sound bar, a satellite receiver, a Keurig coffee pot, the antenna amplifier, etc. how can they truly expect this wouldn't be an issue should we lose shore power during a storm or other situation?

So I am also going to push to have things rewired so that the refrigerator is the ONLY thing powered by the inverter, which in my opinion, is the way it should have been in the first place. I say that based on the fact that if we opted for the 2 way RV fridge instead, the inverter would not be included and would be a complete and total non issue. The way it's wired now, in my opinion, was just the quick, cheap and easy way for Jayco to add the residential refrigerator/inverter setup to an already existing circuit with no real though of every day use or the ramifications of "designing" (term used VERY loosely) things this way.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:24 PM   #34

Mine does that - but I switch it off and back on and the error code clears. Never gave it much thought...
Old 10-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #35

You most likely have a bad inverter. I know they are expensive, but buy a new one and install it. If the problem goes away, you know that’s it. If it doesn’t, return the new inverter.

Our Magnum-Dimensions (Sensata) inverter was bad when we bought our 2018 Seneca. Kept getting an error code that wasn’t even in the manual. I sent a photo of the code to a guy at Sensata and he was stumped. He gave me an RMA for unit to be repaired, but I didn’t want to wait. Bought a new one, installed easily, and fixed problem instantly. Called Jayco and they very willingly reimbursed me for the new $700 inverter.
kndspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #36

Inverter Error Code E01

We have a 2020 Jayco Eagle TT and we could t hear the fan running and see the above error code. Does anyone know what that means or how to correct it. There is not much information on inverters available from Jayco or our tech. Thanks
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #37

These Magnum Dimensions Sensata inverters just don’t last. We replaced our first one that was bad with another of the same. One year later, that one was dead too. We then replaced it with a Xantrax Freedom unit in December 2019. That one is still going fine.
kndspd is offline   Reply With Quote