Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2022, 08:49 AM   #1

Inverter question

I own a 2022 Jayco Odyssey Entegra 26m..Murphy bed. The control panel has a switch called Inverter and thus far I have been unable to locate the Magnum Dimensions csw series 1000 inverter...anyone know where it is? What does it do?
Rvman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #2

Converts 12v to 120v for the TV's and possibly a plug by the bed for a CPAP.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:02 AM   #3

Where is the actual inverter box located if you know.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman22 View Post
Where is the actual inverter box located if you know.
It varies by model. Some have reported under the bed behind or under a false panel. Hopefully another owner will jump in soon.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:13 AM   #5

Yes. Mine's under my bed. But with yours being a Murphy Bed, that's not going to be an answer that works for you.

Odds are, I'll pose, it'll be close to your converter. Your "fuse box".
Old 10-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #6

In the 25R the equipment is pretty conveniently located behind the removable vent panel below the TV/ward.

In the 26M I would shine a flashlight through the vents underneath the oven and fridge to take a quick peek, but I fear it may be behind your fireplace.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 02:21 PM   #7

Jayco Odyssey Entegra inverter

There is a grill next to the fuse box that I did not check. Never thought to look beyond the fireplace. Not sure how to get behind it. Plan to call Jayco Entegra tomorrow and give them my VIN to see if they can trace this inverter IF THEY INSTALLED IT AT ALL. I paid for it as part of the comfort package which was 6000 in total.
Old 10-09-2022, 02:42 PM   #8

Easy to check. When not connected to shore power, generator is off, and a full charge in your house battery:

1) Press the inverter button on control panel. Depending on the location of the inverter, you may hear a beep in the back of the RV somewhere - this is the Inverter turning on.
2) Try to turn on your TV.
3) Test the outlets in the Cabover bed and any other outlets by the head of the murphy bed.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #9

Thanks for the 3 step suggestion.

Does the main cabin power switch also need to be on?

At the storage yard yesterday I pushed the inverter button on the main panel by entry door and the red light above went on and I heard a beep towards the rear where the TV and fireplace are located.

The TV came on. I checked the power pop up plugs by the sink and my phone charger showed no power.

I then plugged it in to a port by the dinette and it showed power to the phone.

The breaker panel and fuse box is near the TV to the left down low. The refrigerator is to the right. The panel box shows a breaker for inverter if equipped....I paid for the 1000 watt but can not locate the box IF it was actually installed. The dealer had nothing to offer other then contact Jayco.

When I did the above I believe I did it with the main power switch on and off. I don't recall seeing the red indicator light or hearing the beep if the main cabin power was off.

I also thought these inverters were to be in easy to access locations watching You tube.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #10

It normally will not work with the 12v switch off.

If it wasn't installed the TV would not have come on nor would you have power to any outlets. As to them being easy to locate, not always.

Since it obviously works what is the concern as to where it is, at least at the moment? I'm confused!
Old 10-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #11

Inverter on Jayco Entegra Odyssey 26m

Sorry for the confusion as this is all new to me.

First concern was being sure they installed it and where it is located for access. You Tube generally shows these systems as easy to access.

Secondly. Reading the manual they refer to issues such as troubleshooting ex. Error codes on display, reset buttons etc. Accordingly I assume one needs access to do those things if necessary. They also mention access to the batteries in the unit for maintenance. They are also to be in well ventilated spaces to avoid overheating etc.

Make sense?
Old 10-09-2022, 06:58 PM   #12

Now it does. The INVERTER is usually pretty close to the batteries and as others have said also near the breaker/fuse panel. The fault codes usually show up on the remote panel.

I would remove the vent screens by your fridge and search under there to start. There has also been times that they are mounted to the bottom of the floor as you look up in one of the outside storage compartments. As to the batteries there are none in the Inverter itself. The owner's manuals are pretty generic and there are some things that do not apply to every rig.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman22 View Post
.... You Tube generally shows these systems as easy to access.....
Please don't believe everything you see on YouTube!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:28 AM   #14

Jayco Odyssey Entegra 26m inverter

Called Entegra motorized division. Per my Vin the inverter should be under the fridge to the left of the breaker and fuse box. I will have to head over to storage location and determine if they are correct.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #15

Jayco Entegra 26m invertet

Called Entegra. Said to look under frig where panel box is.

Found a transfer switch and InteliPower 9200 converter........no inverter.

Waiting to hear back from Entegra. Said they were going to look at a coach to see where it is on that one. Agree we paid for a 1000 watt inverter.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #16

I think we all agree you have a working inverter. They are wired just to power the TVs and the 120V outlets by the beds, so don't count on it for the sink popup, microwave, fridge, or other outlets. Note that any standalone USB outlets are powered directly by the battery and do not use the inverter. Your TV worked = you have an inverter. Test the 120V outlets with the inverter on to verify which outlets are powered by the inverter.

Where it is located is a separate matter. It should not need regular attention but if you are a handy/curious type, it wouldn't hurt to find out and inspect the wiring while you are there. When I was in there I saw that a 12V terminal block that was originally screwed down to the floor had come loose and was just flopping around.

I carry a heavy duty extension cord that I can run from one of the inverter powered outlets in the overhead bunk to my dinette when needed.

Also, the 1000W output is nominal. I've never had it successfully power my 900W coffee maker (the inverter powers off after a few minutes.) I have the factory solar which doubles the battery capacity but that still isn't enough to maintain voltage levels. But for TV, laptops, fast chargers, it works fine.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #17

Jayco Odyssey entegra 26m inverter

Lady at rv one found the inverter...behind the tv and fireplace. Took off panel where tv plugs in and it was behind it.

Case solved.

Next case...

1. Warranty floor tile replacement as glue is yellow and leaching spots thru.

Known issue by jayco.

2. Generator onan 4000 goes to cummins next week as it conks out once load hits it.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #18

Our invertor powers the main TV, the outlets by the bed and the refrigerator if you have a residential frig.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote