Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Inverter Remote Switch

I have a 2009 Greyhawk 31SS, the old Xantrex RS400 inverter stopped working, I installed a Xantrex Prowatt but the remote cable for the old RS400 will not work on the new Prowatt inverter. The remote switch is in the command center by the door and I do not think their is any chance of pulling a new cable thru the entire coach from rear bedroom to front, anybody ran into a problem such as this? Thinking of just putting the switch at the foot of the bed.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
I have a 2009 Greyhawk 31SS, the old Xantrex RS400 inverter stopped working, I installed a Xantrex Prowatt but the remote cable for the old RS400 will not work on the new Prowatt inverter. The remote switch is in the command center by the door and I do not think their is any chance of pulling a new cable thru the entire coach from rear bedroom to front, anybody ran into a problem such as this? Thinking of just putting the switch at the foot of the bed.

You might be able to crimp new ends on the old cable if you can get ahold of the schematic and look at the pinouts for the cable. That way it would only cost you maybe $2.
UpstateNY-31FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #3
Site Team

[QUOTE=che57vy;405308 I installed a Xantrex Prowatt but the remote cable for the old RS400 will not work on the new Prowatt inverter. [/QUOTE]

Contact Xantrex Prowatt support and ask them for the pin-outs of the cable/connector, for the old unit and the new unit. It probably looks like the old (remember them) land line cord ends. My guess is that it would be a very easy job to just rewire the cable end to match the new wiring.
I would not use the remote until you find out if it is different wiring or if maybe your remote went bad.

Don

If you are going to wire in a switch, you may want to install one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
ELECTRONICS - 12VDC Wireless Remote.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #4

Thanks guys I do have a tool to crimp new ends on telephone cables.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #5

I see the problem with the cable the old one is a four pin the new one is a six pin
Old 05-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #6

Six pin is the standard network cable end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UpstateNY-31FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #7

You would of thought they would of put a standard 6 pin cable in the coach instead of a four
Old 05-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
You would of thought they would of put a standard 6 pin cable in the coach instead of a four
Not when the original inverter and remote came with 4 pin.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #9

Well after a lot of thought I figured their was no way i was going to be able to run the cable where the old one was due to it being taped every few feet and having to tear the motor home apart to get to the old one, so it was run under the carpet in bedroom under cabinet and shower pan under the cabinets had to drill a hole to come out of cabinet next to door hid cable behind door trim then over to command center cabinet a little work but doable.