Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #41

Best entertainment you can have while camping is to sit back and watch one of those Rich Snobs with his Big camper try to back into a campsite. And then watch him hook everything up outside. And all of this is after his wife was giving him backing up directions. It usually really educational not to mention entertaining..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post

Sometimes I wonder if he'll be the exception within his peer group...?
My youngest daughter is 5. Today was her first day of Kindergarten (online). The school district where we live is 3 days online and 2 days of in person instruction. So, her first day to actually go to school will be Thursday.

Anyway, no less than an hour ago, she and I were cleaning out her lunchbox that she used the last couple of years for preschool. I opened up the bottom pocket, the one that would be used to store a thermos bottle, and it was stuffed full of cash. No joke, there was $153 in that thing. So I asked her, where did you get the money. Her response........."Pap always gives me money when he drops me off at school".

So, over the course of a couple of years, that little thing has save $153 from the snack money her grandfather gave her every day. I would never have believed it if I didn't just see it for myself.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
My youngest daughter is 5. Today was her first day of Kindergarten (online). The school district where we live is 3 days online and 2 days of in person instruction. So, her first day to actually go to school will be Thursday.

Anyway, no less than an hour ago, she and I were cleaning out her lunchbox that she used the last couple of years for preschool. I opened up the bottom pocket, the one that would be used to store a thermos bottle, and it was stuffed full of cash. No joke, there was $153 in that thing. So I asked her, where did you get the money. Her response........."Pap always gives me money when he drops me off at school".

So, over the course of a couple of years, that little thing has save $153 from the snack money her grandfather gave her every day. I would never have believed it if I didn't just see it for myself.
WOW! That's a GREAT story!!

And now I guess you need to have the conversation about keeping her $$ safe. I don't even feel right carrying that much cash around!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
WOW! That's a GREAT story!!

And now I guess you need to have the conversation about keeping her $$ safe. I don't even feel right carrying that much cash around!!
Yes sir. That conversation comes next.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #45

Wow has this post turned into something different. Maybe repost teaching kids financial responsibilities so they can buy a rv when they grow up?
deano is offline   Reply With Quote