Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

Issues With TV and Cable

Hi all,

I have a 2017 Jayco Melbourne and I can not get the cable TV or the DVD from the dashboard to play on the TV that is located in the over cab bunk. I have gone through the settings many times on the DVD player, on the TV and I have gone through the manuals for the RV and TV. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions or can you help me out?

Thanks so much!
benfitts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #2

In my 2016, there's a switch in the cabinet over the entry door that has to be turned off (or on...I can't remember which) that will allow it to work
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #3

Yup, it's likely to be a switch for turning the power to the antenna on and off. I had this same problem with my travel trailer, and was reminded that I had to turn off the antenna switch for the cable TV to work. This was after complaining to the RV park that I couldn't get their cable to work, of course.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
Yup, it's likely to be a switch for turning the power to the antenna on and off. I had this same problem with my travel trailer, and was reminded that I had to turn off the antenna switch for the cable TV to work. This was after complaining to the RV park that I couldn't get their cable to work, of course.
Yeah...that one!
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #5

The switch in our Greyhawk is in the upper cabinet above the door. The switch is a small push button just beside the cable connection on the large brown wall plate. There is a green led light that glows when the power is on.

This button powers the antenna amplifier and if on when using anything besides antenna will cause problems with the signal.
Attached Thumbnails
1A3F988F-CF76-47A9-8C5B-A0EDC6FA5503.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #6

If it is the switch, but then you have poor resolution on the TV, check the cable connections on the back of each input on both sides of the rig. On my 2017, I found a bad connection on the backside of of the input on the passenger side; the one in the storage compartment. Now the pictures perfect.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #7

If that's not the problem try this. run the cable connection from the campground box into your drivers door right to the back of your tv. I also have a 2017 seneca and had to do this. The problem is in how it was built, somewhere wires are crossed.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:59 AM   #8

I contacted Jayco and they sent me the complete cable schematic since the prior owner had "rearranged" the connections. Now ours works great.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #9

Thank you

I appreciate the feedback. I am doing a trip this weekend and will try out your suggestions.
benfitts62 is offline   Reply With Quote