Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #1

Jacks won't go down

2017 Seneca. Today my jacks won't go down. I'm getting a false reading that is telling me to engage my parking break, they don't work manually either. I believe there is a adjustment somewhere. Anyone have any ideas how to over ride this?

Thanks
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:26 AM   #2

I had this happen a year ago and the truck and levelers were telling me the parking break was not on. I started the truck up, put it in gear, released brake and then back to park. The brakes popped back out and it has worked since then. I never went any further as it only happened that one time. Good luck and please post your solution.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #3

First let me thank you for responding. I tried everything you mention except one thing, I didn't start my engine and that's what has to happen. Jacks are down and mama is happy.

Thanks again
Old 09-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #4

Glad you got it figured out and this simple trick helped The more I remember the situation it may get have been more related to the key position then anything else. Maybe just the way I turned it off. It is amazing how stressful simple things can be.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #5

I disagree, I moved the key several times and it didn't help, I'm thinking starting the motor may have reset something. I do know these things have way to many interlocks. Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #6

That didn't last long. Were sitting in the camper watching tv when all of the sudden everything lights up and my jacks retract. tried your way and it's not working this time.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #7

Sounds like a potential ground issue or loose wire on the parking brake. Not sure how much you want to mess with it but if it was me I would find the wiring drawing from equalizer system and figure out which wire it is and then determine if it is set up as a ground sensor. Then simply trace it back. Since it came on last time when you started the unit it makes me think loose wire. The motion of the engine might have jiggled it enough.

There are two modules for the levelers. One is the keypad and the other is level sensor controller mounted on the ceiling of the floor basement compartment in the center of your unit. Probably behind a panel.

Hopefully you are fairly level and can wait until tomorrow to call equalizer systems. They can send you the specific drawings and you can get it running again.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #8

http://equalizersystems.com/wp-conte...-2015-2019.pdf

If this works this page lists the seneca equilizer systems equipment and has an electrical drawing that can help you identify the wiring to help troubleshoot your issue. Good luck
Old 10-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #9

Thanks again for all your help. traced as many wires as I could comfortably and didn't find anything. Came back to it everyday and the engage parking light came on. Today for some reason no light and I was able to lower my jacks manually, will see if that last all day. I haven't traveled since the problem started, but tomorrow is a travel day, so will see what happens then.

I have another question for you. I believe you have the entertainment center with the fireplace. If so could you tell me the dimension across the face of the cabinet as well as the depth on both sides. My wife is hounding me to make a cabinet for her.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #10

Hopefully it stays working.

I have the entertainment center over the cab. Not the one with the fireplace. I could shoot you some photos and measurements if that is what your looking for but if you want the fireplace model someone else will need to get that for you.

Regards
Old 10-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #11

Thanks , we also have the entertainment center above the cab.