Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Jay on 27U fuel fix

Just thought I’d share, I recently took a trip to the keys and had fuel filling problems the entire trip because the fuel fill line was level with the tank creating a back wash to the fuel pump causing it to constantly shut off flow to fill the tank. Since my return from the trip I took the coach back to the dealer and Jayco has agreed to fix under warranty as they mounted the fill line cap too low. It’s in the body shop now to move it three inches higher.

2020 Jayco class C 27 U model
Skubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #2

I heard this was a problem on prior years. I was hoping it was fixed by this model year. We’re taking ours out for the first time this week, so I’ll find out if I have the same issue. I haven’t had to put gas in yet because it came from the dealer with a full tank.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #3

To find out take a look under neath and place a level on the fuel fill line to the bass tank. Mine was level with now decline towards the tank.
Skubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubasteve View Post
Just thought I’d share, I recently took a trip to the keys and had fuel filling problems the entire trip because the fuel fill line was level with the tank creating a back wash to the fuel pump causing it to constantly shut off flow to fill the tank. Since my return from the trip I took the coach back to the dealer and Jayco has agreed to fix under warranty as they mounted the fill line cap too low. It’s in the body shop now to move it three inches higher.

Finally another 27U owner. I have trouble filling mine about 25% of the time and have learned to find pump with passenger side down and have even had to raise levelers on drivers side to get it to work. Some pumps are fine and others really a pain. Very interested in your outcome and would love picture when finished.

Otherwise have really loved the MH. Few mods but overall has been great. Put new Maxair fan in bath with remote - wife loves that. Had to cut off some of side molding on front of rear slide as would catch on fuse box coming in. Had issue with some wires that would get caught in that same area with slide coming in and out. Just had to put little weight on them so they would stay down.

Have about 4000 miles in it. Good driving coach and very comfortable. Have been concerned about auto levelers being so low - but has not been an issue thus far.

Hope you enjoy!
RRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubasteve View Post

Tried something else this weekend. I had a set of red Anderson levelers used on previous TT. Put them under driver rear wheels and filled up tank easily. Mild inconvenience if you don’t get satisfaction from dealer.

Tags
fuel problems class c