Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2021, 06:16 AM   #1

Jayco 2018 GreyHawk Slide-Out Drip Cup Issues

Hello Jayco RV Owners & Buyers,

If you have a slide-out on your RV check the drain cups.

The drain cups keeps water from entering the interior of the coach.
An undetectable small water leak from these devices can lead to an unprecedented amount of damage to the coach floor.

These drain-cups are not mentioned in the owners manual and required no maintenance. I am now facing $12,000 in labor alone to repair the coach ... no exact numbers. The dealership has informed to bring the motorhome back to the Jayco factory for repairs ... they are afraid to tackle it.

My warranty period was 4-months out, Jayco won't cover the repairs and I was informed the drain cups were installed incorrectly at the factory.

Does anyone have the contact information for the Customer Service VP at Jayco?

So, do yourself a favor get your drain cups checked out.
Florida Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #2

Do you have any pics or more details on what drip cups are?
Old 07-29-2021, 12:20 PM   #3

This is what a Jayco service representative stated...

..."You will know that the drain cups are working properly because there will be no water building up inside of the unit. Its not a super complex concept or system that go behind the drain cups."...

Problem is, if you do see water in the coach the damage has been done. I am always very vigilant about water issues. I did not notice anything unusual until I spotted floor discoloration behind the driver's seat, and when I felt the floor it was soft.

Brought the GreyHawk to the dealer and after a technician assessment I was told the bad news. Go to this You Tube video link ... for the Schwintek Slide-Out installation ... Educate yourself and visit Schwintek and down load the maintenance manuals. Jayco states in the owners manual that the Schwintek system requires little maintenance; Jayco does not provide any information. Schwintech requires a special CRC teflon-base lubrication teflon for the track, shaft collars, and gibs.

Also, better check the fiberglass cap roof seem where it interfaces with the main fiberglass roof. If you have full body paint, Jayco paints over that area on top of the Dicor lap sealant. Although Dicor states it can be painted over, the paint can lift if the Dicor is not cured or not thoroughly cleaned with alcohol. Go to this You Tube link ... ... and see how the paint blistered up on my rig then water entered the coach.

No help from Jayco at all ... their mantra is its a maintenance problem that the owner is responsible for.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Steve View Post
. Jayco does not provide any information. Schwintech requires a special CRC teflon-base lubrication teflon for the track, shaft collars, and gibs.

... and see how the paint blistered up on my rig then water entered the coach.

No help from Jayco at all ... their mantra is its a maintenance problem that the owner is responsible for.
The owner's manual for the SCHWINTEK is shipped with the paperwork for the rig to your dealer. They should have given you the entire set of documents when you took delivery. It is separate from the JAYCO manual.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001602.pdf

As to the roof, the owner's manual specifically states the you or the dealer should inspect the roof twice a year. If you just noticed the roof issue sounds like you haven't been inspecting and resealing. That is a routine maintenance issue.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The owner's manual for the SCHWINTEK is shipped with the paperwork for the rig to your dealer. They should have given you the entire set of documents when you took delivery. It is separate from the JAYCO manual.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001602.pdf

As to the roof, the owner's manual specifically states the you or the dealer should inspect the roof twice a year. If you just noticed the roof issue sounds like you haven't been inspecting and resealing. That is a routine maintenance issue.
You cannot see the condition of the sealant through paint. It's bad workmanship or bad engineering method, I've been up on the RV roof once a month.