Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

JayCo 2018 MVP TV/Blueray DVD question

We brought home our JayCo Greyhawk 29MVP last week and was surprised that the Blueray DVD only worked with the TV above the cab. We thought it would work on the bedroom TV as well as the outside TV. Any good ideas how we could connect them together?
Michigan-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new MVP! Is it the 29 MVP? While I don't have a solution on your DVD issue, I think it's common to have the DVD connected to only one TV. I believe that's the way mine is hooked up inside my house. By the way how do you like your new motorhome? Any thoughts on the limitation of the rear-view camera setup?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #3

The camera has no adjustment, but gives a reasonably view. I think what I learned on the TV is that we will put a wireless HDMI connection on the outside TV for the grandchildren to watch occasionally. Overall it seems like a nice motorhome.
Michigan-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #4

Unlike sat / cable and antanee input DVD and blueray devices are connected via HDMI cables and only feed their content to the connected TV. Depending on the TV, you might have audio / video output ports that would allow you to send the signal out to other devices but the only way to connect to all tvs in the coach would be to tap into internal coax. I think you will find the same problem if you connect a sat receiver to the main tv.

Our crew is just the two of us so viewing a movie on multi tvs is never going to be an issue. Even with a larger group I can't see the need for movie watching on multi tvs. DVD players are cheap and small so you probably want to buy a unit for the bedroom tv.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-Traveler View Post
We brought home our JayCo Greyhawk 29MVP last week and was surprised that the Blueray DVD only worked with the TV above the cab. We thought it would work on the bedroom TV as well as the outside TV. Any good ideas how we could connect them together?
Unless you have a really long HDMI cable from the DVD player and unless it has two different outputs for viewing, unlikely you can route video to a 2nd TV, no matter where it is located.

BD players are pretty inexpensive however. Just add a 2nd one.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote