Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #21

We have purchased our last 2 units at Albany RV and have walked away with a great deal on both of them. It’s only a 45 minute ride down the Northway from us and the sales experience has been painless on both occasions with us buying at or near 35% off MSRP each time. We shopped closer to home at Alpin Haus in Saratoga for other brands but they just couldn’t make the right deal for us. We also traveled to dealers in VT, NH, & PA for Jayco’s and couldn’t beat the Albany RV deal. I, too, have read and heard the horror stories when it comes to service & warranty repairs but cannot speak to that personally as I have always taken care of things on my own. In truth, it seems the same thing can be said or read about nearly every dealer in the US. Do what feels right for you and don’t look back.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #22

RV One

I bought at the buffalo location price was good but the service was worse than horrible.
They never prepped the unit and did nothing they promised to do !!!!!
I get mine serviced locally and wish I paid more now.
RV One is the worst !!!!!!
dancd141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #23

RV One

As has been stated RV One is great for price but they sell so many unist their Repair dept can not keep up. Have found the techs are fine but getting to them is the problem. Even getting a call back is sometimes frustrating.

If you want on site service you must purchase the extended warranty and then pay $100 per visit.

Communication from the service dept is lacking!
saarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #24

We are one year, 9000 miles and 130 nights deep on a 2018 Greyhawk 29MV. Generally, we love it for many reasons. It is, for us, the best layout we have ever seen. Build quality is better than most. Component quality is generally decent on the big stuff and we didn't sweat the small stuff like faucets, shower heads, etc, just went ahead and put in good residential fixtures.

Oh, except for the kitchen and bath countertops. Nobody in their right mind uses MDF when there is water around. But Jayco never whimpered and replaced EVERYTHING under warranty.

But along the way we learned some stuff. First, many dealerships can sell far more units than they can service, especially during a boom. And they are all trying to hire service techs. But second, Jayco (Corporate) and the dealers are thrilled to supply you with parts under warranty and let you install them. Corporate will happily send them direct to you, wherever you are. For those of us who are capable and willing to do it, it sure beats a long drive to the dealership.

Finally, if you spend as much time in yours as we have, may I suggest you check out Lambright Comfort Chairs in Topeka, Indiana. We are having a double electric reclining loveseat installed next week. I'm all hyped up.
Mzellers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdktm View Post
When it comes time for service and for warranty work, I too believe that being a familiar face at the local dealer can be a real plus.
Early on, the service writers always asked if I am a customer there. Now, they know who I am.
I agree, When we purchased locally at a small family owned Jayco dealer, I was a regular in the dealership and on a first name relationship with the service writer to the point of them and I recognizing their voices. Even the on site owner was directly involved in customer service.

I never had any major problems but the minor ones were handled promptly and correctly.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #26

We bought our Seneca 18.5 TS from albany rv.So far all the minor issues we had I was able to fix myself.Recently our main slide went out of adjustment and we contacted Albany for a warranty service.They are booked till mid december but gave me a local Rv service who came to my residence and fixed the problem within a week of Calling him.Very happy with the service!
As far as weather to buy from Albany RV,I would not hesitate to buy from again,there prices cannot be beat.There sales staff is top notch,they will go the extra mile to make the sale for sure.As far as warranty or repairs,you might have to wait a bit,they sell a lot of units .In order to combat the large amount of service they gave me local companies to help out which worked out very well for me.
In my opinion go for it with Albany. Hopefully you will get a great unit from Jayco,Have a good walk through on the unit when you take purchase and hopefully you'll be good to go!
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #27

We purchased our 2016 precept from Albany RV, the sales person had no knowledge at all of what he was selling, approved me for a loan that was more than I could afford, after I sign the papers and they approved me they had to eat a few thousand dollars on that mistake! Had a few issues on the new unit and the dealer was impossible to work with! Argued with us at every turn, finally we said screw him and went directly to the manufacturer. We got results there, be weary of this dealer, there are many of them around and they'll all give you a great price. That being said we are quite happy with the Jayco unit we purchased just not the dealer and
Bracco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:28 AM   #28

Hey cabinetmaker,

This is off topic, but wanted to know more about pulling a Jeep. Lately I have seen a lot of them. I assume it doesn’t harm the 4x4 drive train. Is there anything you need to do to pull a Jeep? This seems to be the perfect option to pull behind an RV.
brad104805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad104805 View Post
Hey cabinetmaker,

This is off topic, but wanted to know more about pulling a Jeep. Lately I have seen a lot of them. I assume it doesn’t harm the 4x4 drive train. Is there anything you need to do to pull a Jeep? This seems to be the perfect option to pull behind an RV.
Jeep is the easiest flat tow vehicle out there period. Put the transfercase in neutral and your good to go. Base plate is easy to install.

I have towed several different vehicles in my years of motorhomes. Jeeps are by far my favorites. Not only easy to tow but also fun to explore in once you arrive. Jeeps are also very reliable. I haven't had any problems.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #30

We bought our 2016 from a large dealer who I could see would not be able to service it in a timely manner .
Not really a problem since I have always done all of our service work .
The ford drivetrain has been flawless, the Coach has had lots of small issues.
Both the dealer and Jayco provided replacement parts or reimbursements .
Towards the end of the warranty period several things failed, lights,
relays, seals...
Jayco's service desk told me that they no longer would provide
repair parts to the owner!!
They seemed very sorry as we had several good conversations on
repairing and diagnosing problems.
They gave me the Mfg# of the lights and relays and I called them and
both companies sent out new parts at no cost...
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #31

Albany RV has not been able to keep up with service calls. During the summer/fall their booking appointments 2 -3 months out.
FrenchieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #32

Rv one junk after the sale........
Borden's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #33

Hi, would you care to explain your comment re; junk...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #34

All i could say is the prices are great .The service pitiful. If the service and integrity means much to you , stay away. And i am sure i am not alone.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #35

We've just returned from the "Maiden Voyage" in our Jayco Eagle 5th wheel HT. About 1500 miles through 4 states. Junk is certainly NOT the term I would use! The RV had a couple of very minor issues. It's back at the dealer now (not in Albany, but in Missouri) being taken care of. They are waiting on a part for one issue...should be ready next week.

All in all, we are quite impressed with the quality our new Eagle. We are coming off a Heartland BigHorn, and it held up very well for 12 years too. We just wanted something smaller, lighter, and easier to maneuver in city traffic. The Eagle HT is filling that bill nicely.

As was said earlier, most posts at these forums are from people with a beef. The other 90% who've had good results with their RV's don't bother to post. Any "rolling earthquake" is going to have a few things occasionally come loose, fall-off, leak, or otherwise break. It's something most of us just get used to, and learn to expect. I'm surprised RV's hold together as well as they do with the pounding they take!
daveobieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #36

Wow The post was about the dealer not Jayco. I have 28,000 mi on my 2017 Alante and very pleased.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:04 AM   #37

We bought a 2018 Jayco 38fdds from Albany rv in July 2018 .

price and selection was excellent. Sales team excellent.

demo and delivery excellent.

Had an issue with the irv32 radio on day 1 being defective. warranty / service was a complete failure at Albany rv. I had to go to another dealer for warranty service. Jayco direct was zero help.

ps. went thru the same thought process re the bad reviews. my daughter cancelled her unit and it did take 30 days and a lot of calls to get her deposit back. But it did come back.

imho. a place to buy.... pass on service.
We love our camper....It was a great decision for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Looking for comments, unit on order at albany rv. Have a concern after reading many negative comments about sales and service. No papers signed yet just $1000 on deposit..thinking about canceling order...no sure what to do..
Hangar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:11 AM   #38

Quote:
Looking for comments, unit on order at albany rv. Have a concern after reading many negative comments about sales and service. No papers signed yet just $1000 on deposit..thinking about canceling order...no sure what to do..
They are the worst dealer in NY for service if something breaks or does not work they have no clue how to fix it! I should have gone running when they played with my numbers. Had to take my unit ti Jayco to get it fixed and had a 9 month wait to get in.
I say RUN RUN NOW AND DON'T LOOK BACK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #39

Quote:
Well, I'm curious what model, however we picked up our new 2017 Greyhawk 29ME just before Christmas last year. So far, we've put over 5500 miles on it just with weekend trips to Texas state parks and one out of state trip up to CO and NM. And we aren't retired (yet)!

So far, all we have needed service for were very minor issues, nothing major or mechanical. Our dealer has been good about finishing on time when we had it in for service though there is the typical, "it's on order" response when they needed a new window shade for example.

Hope you figure it out but one of the reasons we chose Jayco was not only the layout of our class C but the 2 year warranty, just in case.

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3341.jpg  
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #40

Well Cherv,after reading some of these posts on here I'm sure that your head is spinning.
It seems the general concenses (spelling not my strong suite) is that there prices cant be beat.and there service dept if needed sucks.I looked up reviews on camping world in Kingston,N.Y. and there reviews are just as frieghtening. When I was price shopping for my Seneca,I showed camping world Kingston my albany quote and they said impossible,get a lawyer,something is way off.On returning home i called albany and they double checked there quote,it was accurate to the penny.
I dont know what model you want but if its a Jayco it might be hard to find a mom and pop dealership that has a good reputation.Most people it seems have great luck with the jayco motorhomes .You really have a tough call to make.Both places close to us have basically the same reputation. I do know a local authorized Jayco serviceman if in case you may need help down the road.Good luck in you decision.
Marty
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote