Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Looking for comments, unit on order at albany rv. Have a concern after reading many negative comments about sales and service. No papers signed yet just $1000 on deposit..thinking about canceling order...no sure what to do..

We purchased a 2018 Greyhawk 29 mv from RV one in Orlando. The price was hands down the best we could find. We negotiated for some accessories and they included them in an already great price, so we were very pleased with the price of the deal. The buying experience was on balance OK. There were some surprises so be on your toes, sign nothing until you are satisfied with the deal, and that includes extended warranties if you get them. Don't be afraid to ask for some items to be included, or to walk away from the deal. Since it is 5 hours from my home, I have only serviced it there once. They did the warranty work in short order with no issues.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #42

Thanks, would welcome a local jayco authorized person close to home in hyde park. Hoping no ussues with our new jayco class c model 22j. There is a jayco authorized repair person in olivebridge ny
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Thanks, would welcome a local jayco authorized person close to home in hyde park. Hoping no ussues with our new jayco class c model 22j. There is a jayco authorized repair person in olivebridge ny
I used Garick rv in oak ridge nj for help with my irv32 issue. vg response from them to me. I bought a replacement from them and it arrived promptly. The warranty via jayco is still in process after 4+ weeks.
Since I did not buy the unit there I did not press garick to warranty the radio.

Wife and I are are ready talking upgrade...
next unit will probably not be a Jayco,
service even thru a responsive dealer is very poor on Jaycos part.

We love our unit. but , if something breaks that I cannot fix on my own. We could loose a whole camping season waiting on Jayco.
Hangar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #44

Caster vs Fore Aft Nose angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
I notice all the +4 responses are from year 2016 forward. I am thinking Jayco are now making the necessary caster settings as part of the production line.
Another possible theory:

Those RVs with a nose attitude of being nose level to nose up are least likely to feel they have a handling problem.

On the other hand, those RVs with a nose down attitude are more likely to sense they have a handling problem.
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love To Travel 2 View Post
When my wife and I made the decision that we were going to get a Jayco Greyhawk 29MV, I started doing the research on how much we should pay and where to get it. I received several on-line quotes and if I remember correctly, RVOne couldn't be beat. We live in Central PA in the summer and were visiting friends in Pittsfield, MA, which is about 45 minutes from Albany, so one day we took a trip to their facility. We were treated wonderfully and had the opportunity to spend as much time as we wanted in a 29MV they had on the lot. We did a little more negotiating and walked away with a great price. They do have an impressive building and hundreds of units on their lot.

On the drive back to Pittsfield we both had some concerns about the distance we would need to travel (5 hours and 300 miles) to not only get the 29MV, but to get warranty work and normal service. When we returned home, we checked out the local family-owned Jayco dealer in our area (53 minutes and 46 miles). We met with their sales staff and hammered out a price, which was much more than the deal from RVOne. Several days later I called the local dealer and emailed them the sheet from Albany. He called me back the next day with a much better price, but it still didn't beat RVOne. DW and I discussed it at length and decided that we would pay a higher price for the convenience of having "our" dealer almost in our backyard.

And honestly, it was the best decision we made. Since we purchased it locally, we have never had a problem getting service, warranty work, or return phone calls/emails. When I call they know my name and my appointments are usually within a week, not months away. They have even called me prior to an appointment and asked me to bring the MH in sooner, which I really appreciate. And I have heard them turning service work away for units that were not purchased there. The local dealer is small, but I have been extremely happy with the choice we made. It's like Cheers...where everyone knows your name.
First of all there is no reason you need to go to the selling dealer. Any dealer that sells the Jayco class C will service your coach. Also bu the way I have on 3 occasions gone to a non Rv dealer for specialty repairs and Jayco approved that repair. Should a dealer not do warranty work when they sell the class c just notify Jayco and they will call them. If they refuse they can no longer deal with Jayco. Watch out for the dealers work. Lots of repairs are incorrect. If you can just repair it yourself.
Tropiccafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropiccafe View Post
First of all there is no reason you need to go to the selling dealer. Any dealer that sells the Jayco class C will service your coach. Also bu the way I have on 3 occasions gone to a non Rv dealer for specialty repairs and Jayco approved that repair. Should a dealer not do warranty work when they sell the class c just notify Jayco and they will call them. If they refuse they can no longer deal with Jayco. Watch out for the dealers work. Lots of repairs are incorrect. If you can just repair it yourself.
I have dealt with RVOne in Buffalo and their service is terrible yes the price was good but they are not customer focused.
dancd141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:26 AM   #47

Quote:
Tropiccafe,

You are correct, any Jayco dealer will service my coach. But, in my short 18 months owning the Jayco 29MV, I thoroughly enjoy calling MY dealer and getting an appointment for service in a week, having them know me by name and that I purchased the MH at their dealership, and knowing that it will be finished in a very reasonable amount of time. I read so many horror stories on this forum about owners waiting for months just to get an appointment, then finding out that after it has been sitting for service for an extended period of time that it hasn't even be touched.

By no means is our dealer perfect, but unless I'm too far to return to them for work that needs done immediately, they will be my go-to service facility.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #48

Quote:
First of all there is no reason you need to go to the selling dealer. Any dealer that sells the Jayco class C will service your coach.
That is simply untrue. RV dealers are not franchised like your Ford or Honda dealer. They are under no obligation to service what they don’t sell. Often times if they do agree you will find yourself on the bottom of the pile with the dealer’s own customers having priority.

In my area one of the Jayco dealers flat out sends people away if they didn’t buy there.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #49

We have been told over and over by dealers where we didn't purchase, that they would service us....after those who had purchased from them were serviced first. Some even said they'd only work on units that weren't purchased from them during the winter months when things were very slow! If you think about it, if I purchase from a certain dealer, why should I have to wait in line while they service an "outsider"?
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #50

Strong suggestion: Work the best price you can, at any dealer you could travel to. Then take those figures to the dealer nearby. Push them to match or approach that price.
Then buy there.
In the 22 months we have owned our Melbourne 24M, it has been in the shop, where we bought it, five or six times, for a total of maybe six weeks. I am convinced that my face being a familiar one there makes a difference in how we are treated.
I have been especially patient and agreeable with the service writer, evening sending her a Christmas card.
Plus, the retailer we spent our money with says because we bought there, we are a higher priority to them and that nonbuyers are moved to the back of the line.
Having friends at the purchasing dealer is huge, worth paying $2,000 to $3,000 more for.
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:21 PM   #51
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdktm View Post
Strong suggestion: Work the best price you can, at any dealer you could travel to. Then take those figures to the dealer nearby. Push them to match or approach that price.
Then buy there.
I kinda did that, but for a different reason. I got pricing from all around, then went to my local dealer and pounded on them so more... Ended up saving about $4K more than I thought I could do.

But, my reason for pounding them was that I doubted I'd be bringing the coach back to them for service. None of the dealers I went to impressed me with service or knowledge. So, I figured banging them for a bigger discount gives me a cushion to cover any repairs/replacements, the bulk of which I'll do myself. Or, in a random situation, just hire a mobile tech...

I also went into this deal with no expectations of quality (like with a car), and that I'd be fixing a lot of minor issues myself....

Welcome to RVing...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote