Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

Jayco class c on order

Looking for comments, unit on order at albany rv. Have a concern after reading many negative comments about sales and service. No papers signed yet just $1000 on deposit..thinking about canceling order...no sure what to do..

cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #2

I purchased my 2018 Seneca from RV One aka Albany RV and took delivery in Orlando. Was the best price I found by thousands. No issues at all. I have not been back for service but I figure I could pay out of pocket and still be ahead.

Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Looking for comments, unit on order at albany rv. Have a concern after reading many negative comments about sales and service. No papers signed yet just $1000 on deposit..thinking about canceling order...no sure what to do..
If it's a good deal and what you wanted wait until it comes in and then check it out prior to signing anything. If it has bad problems walk.

Our 2018 has not been back to dealer for anything. Several trips now one to Colorado and back to Texas everything worked perfectly. The V-10 with the new 6 speed is a brute and takes on grades pulling our Jeep 4 door Rubicon Recon with ease.

We have had Class A diesel pushers and Class A gas motorhomes in the past but really are enjoying our Class C. It does everything well for less. Couldn't be happier!
Attached Thumbnails
26D41788-9AFF-44FA-813B-6DEF0DB812F0.jpg   B9C02EDA-8C2A-4084-A5A1-5E68A020EDF5.jpeg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #4

When my wife and I made the decision that we were going to get a Jayco Greyhawk 29MV, I started doing the research on how much we should pay and where to get it. I received several on-line quotes and if I remember correctly, RVOne couldn't be beat. We live in Central PA in the summer and were visiting friends in Pittsfield, MA, which is about 45 minutes from Albany, so one day we took a trip to their facility. We were treated wonderfully and had the opportunity to spend as much time as we wanted in a 29MV they had on the lot. We did a little more negotiating and walked away with a great price. They do have an impressive building and hundreds of units on their lot.

On the drive back to Pittsfield we both had some concerns about the distance we would need to travel (5 hours and 300 miles) to not only get the 29MV, but to get warranty work and normal service. When we returned home, we checked out the local family-owned Jayco dealer in our area (53 minutes and 46 miles). We met with their sales staff and hammered out a price, which was much more than the deal from RVOne. Several days later I called the local dealer and emailed them the sheet from Albany. He called me back the next day with a much better price, but it still didn't beat RVOne. DW and I discussed it at length and decided that we would pay a higher price for the convenience of having "our" dealer almost in our backyard.

And honestly, it was the best decision we made. Since we purchased it locally, we have never had a problem getting service, warranty work, or return phone calls/emails. When I call they know my name and my appointments are usually within a week, not months away. They have even called me prior to an appointment and asked me to bring the MH in sooner, which I really appreciate. And I have heard them turning service work away for units that were not purchased there. The local dealer is small, but I have been extremely happy with the choice we made. It's like Cheers...where everyone knows your name.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #5

Go head and get it. There's always little things that need attention, but that's standard for all of them. I will say that my Greyhawk rides beautifully down the highway. Like a giant Cadillac. Jayco also allowed me to obtain all the schematics for my rig, which was invaluable, and I give them a big thank you for that. Their really nice on the phone. You only live once, have some fun.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #6

Very nice looking. I went with the 2018 Entegra Esteem 29V which build on the same assembly line as the Jayco 29MVP. Can't say enough about the dealership RV Country in Mt Vernon Washington. The pricing I was able to get could not be beat.
Crawler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #7

It's pretty important to remember that most people only post about their bad experiences, not good ones.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #8

It's one thing to have a home base dealer to turn to for at home repairs and warranty work, but it's another thing altogether to get repairs on the road, which is where and when you really need it. I would ask about repairs to your rig on the road, by authorized Jayco dealers and how any warranty issues would be dealt with then. For example, how long would it take to get your fridge replaced ,at home as opposed to, on the road when you really need it.
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.blogspot.ca/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
It's pretty important to remember that most people only post about their bad experiences, not good ones.
Exactly.
Various arsenal of 2 wheel death machines
Back the Blue
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #10

If the chassis is a Ford E350/450 Series then you best bone up on caster alignment to prevent wandering at highway speeds.

Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote