Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2022, 04:11 AM   #21

It has been said on many instances "cruising (on boats) is repairing your boat in exotic places". Same goes for camping in an RV, only the locations are sometimes less exotic.

Jim.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:26 AM   #22

Bought a new Esteem Entegra made by Jayco in May 2022. Quality control was terrible. Found many heath and safety issues with the unit after our very first trip out from Florida to New York. Below is the current list I'm trying to get repaired.

2022 ENTEGRA ESTEEM - PURCHASED FROM WADE’S RV IN OKLAHOMA MAY 4TH 2022 - MILES ON UNIT PRE DELIVERY 1038.
Issues discovered at WADE’S Dealer & ordered from Entegra to be mailed to owner
Gromit ring for heater missing
Rubber cover for seat lever missing
Popup outlet release and 1 USB not working
New panel water heater - mounting screw holes striped
Driver torn step skid torn
Rear right tail light lens cracked
Air bag light on - told to take it to Ford Dealer for repair. COST $356 NOT YET reimbursed. Fixed prior to trip to New York.

SAFTY ISSUES THAT NEED IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION DISCOVERED ON INITIAL VACATION TRIP FROM FLORIDA TO NEW YORK AND BACK AGAIN TOTAL MILES ABOUT 4000.
Loud Banging under kitchen floor while driving - possible EZ shock or suspension issue. Got worst with more miles.
Drawers under wardrobe - collapsed onto heater - only 1 screw and 3 staples holding. Kitchen sink does not drain - kinck in drain hose under motorhome.
Battery Disconnect Switch (Main Power) stays engaged killing house batteries.
Lippert leveling system - doesn’t level - lifts tires off ground. Needs to be checked. Kitchen/Dinette slide-out wobbles when extended.
Solar panel control - manufacturer says should be on Bank 1 not 2. wired wrong?
Drawers under sink & wardrobe come out when driving.

OTHER SSUES THAT NEED FURTHER INVESTIGATION:
Inverter operation - blew fuse during tech walkthru - told not to use - not sure it is working.
Screen door latch - fell out
Under bed edge - hitting master bedroom slide - panel skewed
Chip in paint - poor paint job
Sink facet - lose and hits cabinet door
Passenger seat flap - on one side not other - by swivel release
Master bed screw holes - retained clap for flexible wire pulled out & missing
Master bed corner molding - missing
Master bed floor - hole in flooring by wall
Passenger side seat - hole in floor can see pavement
Passenger side front tire - not filled to specification - light came on - driving north when it got colder.
Stove igniter bent would not light burner
Toilet paper holder screws striped
Pen marks in upholstery - dealer tried to clean to no success
Entegra front letters coming off
rderoll1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte303 View Post
Good morning all,
I have owned towable RV's for the past 25 years. Currently in a 42' 5ver.
We want to downsize and are looking at the Greyhawk/Redhawk Class C.

I was curious how pleased you are with the rigs and the manufacturer support. ( I am Fulltime and if I would need parts/mobil tech )
Also, has anyone installed a on demand water heater in these?
I appologise if this is posted in the wrong spot.
Thanks,
Scott
We just completed a 3,000 mile trip from south Texas to NW Nebraska in our 27U. Only problem was trying to get money out of the piggy bank to pay for gasoline
Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #24

Jayco claims they have the industries best warranty, but this is not the case in my experience. I’ve had nothing but trouble with Jayco and will never consider another Jayco product ever again. I hope someday soon the industry of RV is more closely regulated.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rderoll1 View Post
Bought a new Esteem Entegra made by Jayco in May 2022. Quality control was terrible. Found many heath and safety issues with the unit after our very first trip out from Florida to New York. Below is the current list I'm trying to get repaired.

I know it's frustrating. But if I can offer a little bit of perspective. Most of those items on the list -- you will be better off if you (a) fuggedaboutit or (b) fix 'em yourself.

I think most longtime motorhome owners would look at your list and smile. I'll trade you my List for yours.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:13 AM   #26
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by J05H View Post
Jayco claims they have the industries best warranty, but this is not the case in my experience. I’ve had nothing but trouble with Jayco and will never consider another Jayco product ever again. I hope someday soon the industry of RV is more closely regulated.
The difference in you and the rv industry is they hire lobbyists who buy politicians and regulations are enacted by ... drum roll ...politicians. It's kinda like church tithes only their God is green. It's cheaper for members to each contribute to buying politicians than it is for each member to spend money on quality, i.e., the reason a kid who was working at Foot Locker last week did the foil tape job in your a/c plenum. So don't hold your breath. It's all about the Benjamins.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:30 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by J05H View Post
Longest RV warranty with 2 years.........for the original buyer. Does not transfer to anyone else even if within the 2 years.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:37 AM   #28

Jayco class c quality

Picked up 2022 MVP 2 weeks ago in mid west, drove back to TX.

Odd ball stuff except Lippert self leveling system is programmed oddly with raising and lowering front and rear wheels and failing to level even on level ground. Turns out RR jack is failed. Will take to dealer near Houston soon, not using jacks now, don’t want to get one stuck down.

Did the Summosprings on the front, immediate ride and handling improvements.

Going to do all the other suspension upgrades soon, have independent rv repair shop close by that DOES NOT sell RV’s so no wait.

Too bad cannot use them for warranty work.
Crf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglght View Post
Longest RV warranty with 2 years.........for the original buyer. Does not transfer to anyone else even if within the 2 years.
Yeah, but that warranty is useless if you cannot get them to cover most things that fail or was incorrectly installed. Plus, on the things they will cover there is at least 6 month wait time plus 100 miles to the nearest dealer that’ll do the work.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:42 PM   #30

That was a very loaded question and honestly the responses were not that bad. I would say Jayco makes a decent product compared to most manufacturers. I have heard some real horror stories about other manufacturers.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rderoll1 View Post

2022 ENTEGRA ESTEEM - PURCHASED FROM WADE’S RV IN OKLAHOMA MAY 4TH 2022 - MILES ON UNIT PRE DELIVERY 1038.
Issues discovered at WADE’S Dealer & ordered from Entegra to be mailed to owner
Gromit ring for heater missing
Rubber cover for seat lever missing
Popup outlet release and 1 USB not working
New panel water heater - mounting screw holes striped
Driver torn step skid torn
Rear right tail light lens cracked
Air bag light on - told to take it to Ford Dealer for repair. COST $356 NOT YET reimbursed. Fixed prior to trip to New York.

SAFTY ISSUES THAT NEED IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION DISCOVERED ON INITIAL VACATION TRIP FROM FLORIDA TO NEW YORK AND BACK AGAIN TOTAL MILES ABOUT 4000.
Loud Banging under kitchen floor while driving - possible EZ shock or suspension issue. Got worst with more miles.
Drawers under wardrobe - collapsed onto heater - only 1 screw and 3 staples holding. Kitchen sink does not drain - kinck in drain hose under motorhome.
Battery Disconnect Switch (Main Power) stays engaged killing house batteries.
Lippert leveling system - doesn’t level - lifts tires off ground. Needs to be checked. Kitchen/Dinette slide-out wobbles when extended.
Solar panel control - manufacturer says should be on Bank 1 not 2. wired wrong?
Drawers under sink & wardrobe come out when driving.

OTHER SSUES THAT NEED FURTHER INVESTIGATION:
Inverter operation - blew fuse during tech walkthru - told not to use - not sure it is working.
Screen door latch - fell out
Under bed edge - hitting master bedroom slide - panel skewed
Chip in paint - poor paint job
Sink facet - lose and hits cabinet door
Passenger seat flap - on one side not other - by swivel release
Master bed screw holes - retained clap for flexible wire pulled out & missing
Master bed corner molding - missing
Master bed floor - hole in flooring by wall
Passenger side seat - hole in floor can see pavement
Passenger side front tire - not filled to specification - light came on - driving north when it got colder.
Stove igniter bent would not light burner
Toilet paper holder screws striped
Pen marks in upholstery - dealer tried to clean to no success
Received a call from director of customer experience in an effort to resolve any additional problems and provide a good will cash payment for a tank of gas. Most issues have been resolved by Jayco under warranty. Many trips to shop for repair! Appreciated the call. Said they would escalate quality issues to production.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #32

Gator Ford will service Ford Chassis issues.... Fixed my 2022 Esteem. Regards, Bob
Old 12-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #33

You must have really needed a Motorhome to accept it with these things wrong with it ..If you were buying a New Car and it needed this many items fixed would you have taken delivery on it ??? There is NO WAY I would have taken delivery on this New Motorhome until repairs were made ,,,but maybe I am just to demanding ,I bought a NEW vehicle not one that needed me bring it back for repairs. And YES on my 2018 Greyhawk 31 FS this is how I handled taking delivery when I purchased it …..All things that I found wrong were fixed before we took it home….We even spent the night in the Motorhome in the dealers lot before we drove many miles home to completely check out All Systems..But keep in mind I was a Winnebago dealer in the 1970’s and understand how some dealers work ….And we did find a few items needing repair after our first long trip in the Motorhome…..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:38 PM   #34

Unfortunately, the motorhome I ordered never came in. After 7 months wait. I found one in Oklahoma. I live in Florida. Wanted way to much here same for a two year old one vs a new one. Things started to go wrong almost right away. But took several months to discover all the problems.