Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #11

Jim. Found the mount and grill to be a joke. The bracket hits the compartment door below the bracket.

cinandtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #12

I've used the grill on the side of our unit for the past 6 years and have never had a problem with discoloration or heat damage to the side of the unit or the awning, which mine sits directly under. Most people who have never used this set up with tell you not to use it and quote a number of reasons, but I've never heard of anyone who has used it, that's had any issues. I really doubt that Jacyo would randomly choose to go with this set up, without first investigating to determine if it would cause damage. I've used a variety of bbq set ups over the past 20 years and I'm happy enough with this arrangement, not to change it. I find the extension hoses are more problem than they're worth. Whatever you choose, good luck and bon appetite!!

tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnka trk View Post
I've used the grill on the side of our unit for the past 6 years and have never had a problem with discoloration or heat damage to the side of the unit or the awning, which mine sits directly under. Most people who have never used this set up with tell you not to use it and quote a number of reasons, but I've never heard of anyone who has used it, that's had any issues. I really doubt that Jacyo would randomly choose to go with this set up, without first investigating to determine if it would cause damage. I've used a variety of bbq set ups over the past 20 years and I'm happy enough with this arrangement, not to change it. I find the extension hoses are more problem than they're worth. Whatever you choose, good luck and bon appetite!!
I never thought of connecting a long hose rather than a short one to be that much of a problem.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #14

I guess it depends on how long the hose is, but having it snaking through the campsite to the picnic table is a PITA, when using the Jayco supplied set up works perfectly for me and has had no ill effects on the unit. To each their own.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnka trk View Post
I guess it depends on how long the hose is, but having it snaking through the campsite to the picnic table is a PITA, when using the Jayco supplied set up works perfectly for me and has had no ill effects on the unit. To each their own.
That's true and if that works for you, great. I use both a grill and a Camp Chef stove and a 9' hose lets me put either where ever I want them, which is usually close to the rear door. The stove has it's own legs and the grill works well on an $8 folding table from Wally World.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
Site Team

I use my Sidekick grill at home. I have been experimenting with adjusting the temp. by cracking the grill top and propping it up about an inch. I put a temp guage on it and am starting to like it now that I figured out how to regulate the heat.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote