Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #41

The mounting plate is actually a thin sheet of metal. I slipped it under the top of the center console (the one that I had to remove to gain access to the wiring) and it can be glued (or even screwed) to the area behind the center console panel, so that no actual glue/screws are visible after the dark grey console is put back on. That way, if I ever want to remove it, it will not leave any marks. The actual screen sits just above the Garmin and I angled it toward the driver. If I can, I will try to post a picture when I get a chance. Even the guy from Garmin agreed that this is a good solution until they come up with a fix. What a way to clean up other people's mess.....
Nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #42
MD3

I’d love to see some pictures of how you mounted the screen.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #43

Thank you. And copy MD3. I’d love to see pic too to see how I might rig in my Precept. Thanks for all the info
Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #44

Here are some pictures - hope they are clear enough.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0441.jpg   IMG_0442.jpg  
Nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #45

Thanks for the pics. And all the info. Ordering one tonight.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #46

That's good news. It's the most annoying and distracting thing to deal with, and no, Jayco Motorized doesn't care that it is not a safe way to operate the vehicle. I sent them a lengthy email months ago and just got back that it's working as designed. The designer obviously never had to drive a motorhome.
Wally n Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #47

Nebster,
Forgot to grab pics of mine. Went in very easy. Works as you advertise. Well worth the $$$. Thank you again for sharing. If you had not, I would still be cursin the Garmin.
7 hour round trip rd trip last weekend never powered the Garmin on. The radio on that thing is horrible as well. Camera views were awesome with new monitor.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #48

Fusion

My fusion nav system is on the laundry list of repairs for Jayco this spring.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #49

I have had so many frustrations with this unit, but finally thought I had it figured out. I no longer try to charge my phone through the USB port on the dash. I have updated the hub and the remote. The unit has been working well the last several trips. This past weekend, the unit started acting up - just turning itself off. Later I noticed the hub would not power off. I pulled the fuse back in the bedroom that was marked as the dash radio. Hub buttons were still lit up. Shut off power and turned off master 12v power switch at door. Hub still lit up. Finally pulled dash and pulled hub out and plugged plug off back of unit. Reinstalled and everything worked as it should. On return trip, while driving with rear camera on, when I used the turn signal, the side camera a picture came up as normal, but here is the strange part. After the turn signal went off, it went back to the rear camera. I use to have to hit the switch to make it go back to the rear camera. I am totally confused now.
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #50

Garmin Fusion

I have been pleased with my new monitor and no longer have to worry with the issue. I am tired of driving with no music as the radio on this thing is a joke and the volume is horrible to adjust with the zones and touch screen. I feel it would be safer for me to text and drive than to work this thing.
Just have not had an opportunity to find a replacement that will work without destroying my dash.
Good luck with your poltergeist.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM   #51

Latest updates fix rear camera issue after using turn signals/side cameras...now goes back to the previous screen you were on, so if on rear camera, goes back there after turn signal, if on navigation, goes back there after turn signal. Finally fixed this PITA issue!

Two updates out there, one for base unit, one for remote.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:40 AM   #52

Thanks Gerry. Good info
Old 02-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #53

Our unit had the same problem from Day 1. Had to re-select the backup camera every time the turn signal turned off. Did an update on the unit, and voila! No problem.
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote