Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeAn View Post
We have not purchased our RV yet but are leaning toward the Greyhawk 31fs or 31fsp. I am curious as to how the cab-over window holds up. I like the idea of being able to open it at night and look at the stars but do not want to deal with water leaks or broken glass from a thrown rock on the highway. Thank you in advance for any information.
We bought a Greyhawk Prestige 31FP and we are not impressed. I can't speak for the window but our rear ac does not work at all, the main cabin ac is not cold and the auto leveler jacks worked once and then not again. The driver's seat is not centered with the steering wheel, you can't put the Passanger seat back because the handle to move it up and back is stripped. With the exception of the drivers seat most of that is easily fixable. My biggest complaint hah is not fixable is the windows hardly open (only about 3 or 4 inches) making it impossible to get nice air circulation. I would not buy one again had I known all of this. The fridge and slider work great and I love the floorpan. Hoping our dealer will make it right and we be able to enjoy it more.
amhoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #42

Open up 2 windows opposite wherever your Fantastic Fan is. Only 2. Then turn on the fan and enjoy the breeze you just created.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #43

Also, FWIW and on this topic; I really like some of the upgrades on the Prestige, particularly the countertops. However, I’m not a fan of the weight penalty you get going to Prestige. I saw 2 over the past month and both were around 200 pounds heavier then the normal Greyhawks.

Greyhawks are porky to begin with and I have 4 people (including myself) to cart around. I’ll take the OCCC. And the crappy counters in the non-Prestige.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #44

The only fantastic fan is in the bathroom and it’s pretty weak. I plan to replace it with a more robust one. It doesn’t pull any breeze at all ��
amhoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:34 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhoughton View Post
The only fantastic fan is in the bathroom and it’s pretty weak. I plan to replace it with a more robust one. It doesn’t pull any breeze at all ��
You sure? You should have 2 ... at least I’ve never seen a Greyhawk w/o 2. A weak standard bathroom fan and another Fantastic Fan somewhere else in the coach.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhoughton View Post
We have a Jayhawks 27U and had terribly cheap and ineffective fan in bath. Replaced with Maxair fan Deluaxe with remote and love it. Much better air movement and don’t have trouble reaching it to open cover. And it was the only fan in the coach.
RRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken glass, greyhawk, prestige, water leak