Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

Jayco Jk issues

Just bought a 2015 Jayco GreyHawk, 1st trip, left home with a full tank fresh water. Next AM, had very little water, I know we used hardly and water. Use city fill to fill the tank then moved to City fill and was full, Any advice...Could not see any sigh of. Any one had this problem....
aubtig1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubtig1979 View Post
Just bought a 2015 Jayco GreyHawk, 1st trip, left home with a full tank fresh water. Next AM, had very little water, I know we used hardly and water. Use city fill to fill the tank then moved to City fill and was full, Any advice...Could not see any sigh of. Any one had this problem....
This seems to be a fairly common issue. My 2015 27RLS trailer does this.
Here is a link to a thread with lots of good info.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...ose-30034.html
Assuming you are sure that water has drained out, as opposed to just looking at the gauges. Then I would first verify that nothing is leaking. Then I would suspect the siphoning issue in the thread I listed. In my case I just put in the shutoff valves and travel with them closed. When I am filling and/or get to my site I open them.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #3

I agree with DanNJanice.
Very common problem (so we all wonder why Jayco has let it go on for a decade without fixing it on new models).

Easy fix. Find the overflow tube or tubes. These also serve as the FW air vents on some models. Buy a couple of valves and insert into tubes. Keep them open when filling (so air in tank can vent out), but when overflow tubes start to run water, your tank is near full. Shut off water supply to tanks and close overflow tube valves. Travel to destination, and then open valves so air can get in as you use your onboard water. Total cost is about $5 and total time about 1/2 hour.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #4

Jayco isn't the only one with the problem as my Winnebago Class A had the same problem. I put a loop in the overflow line and then figured out this wasn't a good idea as the loop filled with water and wouldn't allow air into the tank. Partially collapsed the tank until I figured out what was happening.