Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #1

Jayco Melbourne 29X 4X4

Anyone know of one for sale?

I heard there is one in Michigan currently listed but cannot locate the owner so far.
Nodigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:03 PM   #2

It will be a hard find. Only ones I have heard of, are ones people have custom converted.

Good luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
It will be a hard find. Only ones I have heard of, are ones people have custom converted.

Good luck
As I am finding out....
Nodigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

I have been trying to answer a PM Susan but I am not yet a "trusted" member and cannot reply to your PM. But, YES I have interest and would like to see the color scheme you have and know the miles on your unit when you get a chance. I can RECEIVE pm's but cannot reply yet.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #5

Hello, I believe that's a custom rig, I have not heard of an oem Jayco 4x4 MH.

But google will be your friend. I found this one, by entering your title into Google.

https://www.rvt.com/Jayco-Melbourne-...55999-UX175156

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 12-13-2021, 05:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodigg View Post
I have been trying to answer a PM Susan but I am not yet a "trusted" member and cannot reply to your PM. But, YES I have interest and would like to see the color scheme you have and know the miles on your unit when you get a chance. I can RECEIVE pm's but cannot reply yet.
If I recall, you need to have a few posts under your belt before you can send a PM. Go over to count to trillion, and post a dozen times or so.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...omed-1370.html

2012 Jayco X23B
Old 12-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #7

Howdy Nod- I have had 10 or so E350's converted to 4 wheel drive. Maybe a better option for you cost wise? I used Advanced Four Wheel Drive, in Salt Lake City Utah. Their are others out there, but they had the best bang for the buck.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodigg View Post
As I am finding out....
Go to your user ID , scroll down to edit options and select the PM options you want.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Hello, I believe that's a custom rig, I have not heard of an oem Jayco 4x4 MH.

But google will be your friend. I found this one, by entering your title into Google.

https://www.rvt.com/Jayco-Melbourne-...55999-UX175156
Yes I saw that one and that is what got me started looking. That one looks a bit rough on the paint and the cabinets. AND has had a rebuilt motor already so kind of scares me off a bit.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Howdy Nod- I have had 10 or so E350's converted to 4 wheel drive. Maybe a better option for you cost wise? I used Advanced Four Wheel Drive, in Salt Lake City Utah. Their are others out there, but they had the best bang for the buck.
That's good info. What would you guess would be the price range for a conversion?
Old 12-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #11

Its been 4 plus years since I did one... back then it was $11-12 K
Old 12-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #12

To add to this, I have a 29D, that I have NOT converted. Dont think I will, as I have not had trouble going any where I want, in the Montana/Idaho/Wyoming/Utah backcountry, due to traction. Clearance has been my limiting factor. There are a few lift kits out there I would concider, but... Even now I can go to places that probably are taking its toll on the camper part of the rig. Converted vehicles dont drive as well as stock either, I am kind of a drivabilty snob, and modify mine for better handling, not the opposit. 4X4 is needed by some, and certainly a cool factor. I see you are in CA. White Feather conversions in Redding may be coser to you than SLC ??
Old 12-15-2021, 08:51 AM   #13

Good info none the less. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
To add to this, I have a 29D, that I have NOT converted. Don't think I will, as I have not had trouble going any where I want, in the Montana/Idaho/Wyoming/Utah backcountry, due to traction. Clearance has been my limiting factor. There are a few lift kits out there I would consider, but... Even now I can go to places that probably are taking its toll on the camper part of the rig. Converted vehicles don't drive as well as stock either, I am kind of a drivability snob, and modify mine for better handling, not the opposite. 4X4 is needed by some, and certainly a cool factor. I see you are in CA. White Feather conversions in Redding may be closer to you than SLC ??
Thank you for the input much appreciated.
I have NO interest in the cool factor at all. I am interested in not having to worry as much when I go dirt roads to dry lake beds. 4wd is NOT a must but certainly a peace of mind item for me. I use my 4we on my 2500 HD frequently, in my Jeep LJ more frequently but although I have never gotten stuck in a motorhome....still prefer 4wd. Makes going to the dunes in Glamis or Pismo Beach more worry free as well. We have quite a few 4wd shops in our area that should most likely be able to do a conversion that would IMPROVE the handling of the rig rather than detract from its drivability. At least that would be the pursuit if I get one done.

On another note, what are your pros and cons for your rig as it is?
Old 12-15-2021, 09:20 AM   #15

First,regarding floorplans, the 29 D is perfect for my wife and I. Wouldnt change the layout had we built is ourselves ( wish it had a king bed). We have upgraded many things to make it "ours". The only big con, is coach battary amps- even though we converetd to two 220AH sixes, and have ample solar, we "barely" make it through the night. (We exclusvly boondock) Litheum will be my next upgrade. Another add to my previuos comments (another plug for four wheel drive) many of the logging roads we travel, are so steep, I wish I had low range to save on the brakes. Even in manual low I can have a run a way. I know this is a Jayco Forum, but last I checked, Phoenix Crusier has a similar floorplan available with 4X4.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #16

Good Info.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #17

I wish they had spell checker here— In my defence... “It takes a un-imaginative mind to think of but one way to spell a word”
Old 12-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #18

There is a 4x4 shop in Chattanooga that converts Vans and Trucks for New Truck dealers .I saw a Chevy Suburban that they had converted to 4x4 and made it into a Dually also, very sharp looking and the owner was pulling a real big Airstream trailer. He was next to us in a campground this past summer. I was very impressed with the factory look it had. He said it was not super expensive also…
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #19
Site Team

Here is another outfit that does conversions. We had a couple of Ambulances locally years ago converted by this group. Very high quality.

https://www.quigley4x4.com/products/ford-e-series/
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #20

When I left the industry four years ago, Quiglies was the gold standard for conversions. Albeit I used Advanced Four Wheel drive in SLC because it was only 300 miles away. Last I talked to Quiglies, they would only do new vehicles, not used, and again, at that time anyway they were a authorized Ford upfitter. Probably alot of great choices accross the country, may come down to picking one close to you?