Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2022, 05:57 AM   #21

I Invested in good 135 degree metal extenders, along wIth the TST monitor. Had monitor installed when I first had it in for service. Only problem with it (at least I think it’s the culprit) is that there is a parasitic drain on the battery and I think that the booster may be the culprit. I say that as it has the red light showing under the hood. I called TST to see if they recommend disconnecting it from the battery. Was informed that there is a fuse in line and to simply remove it while it’s stored. Great idea if anyone has theirs wired direct to battery.

Metal extenders have worked quite well so far. 26k miles at this point, so when I invest in new tires (will upgrade to the 120 load range tires when I do) I’ll shoot the wad and go for the best metal valves at that point … hate putzing with the tires but the extenders I’ve had are pretty good. Only see seasonal variation loss in pressure, nothing extensive.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Only problem with it (at least I think it’s the culprit) is that there is a parasitic drain on the battery and I think that the booster may be the culprit. I say that as it has the red light showing under the hood. I called TST to see if they recommend disconnecting it from the battery. Was informed that there is a fuse in line and to simply remove it while it’s stored. Great idea if anyone has theirs wired direct to battery.
I wired my booster directly to the battery of my TT. I also wired in a simple on/off switch.

I found out two things. One, my battery didn't go dead after a few days, if I forgot to switch the system off. Also, my system still worked fine if I forgot to turn the booster on.
LukeDagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:26 PM   #23

2022 Ford E450..Tpms

Does anyone know if the 2022 FORD E450 that powers the Odessey 26m has an on board TPMS indicator warning system light on the dashboard?
Rvman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:39 PM   #24

Ford E450 TPMS

Does the 2022 Ford E450 have a built in TPMS warning system on the dash displays?
Old 10-15-2022, 10:32 AM   #25

FORD E450 Tpms

I checked the on board control panel on dash of the Ford E450 2022 model year that is the rectangle panel center position with digital data ex. Mileage.

Scrolling through the panel I found the TPMS system with psi for all 6 tires.

No need for the wheel stem cap system now.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:37 AM   #26

E450 2022 model with built in TPMS

Checked the RV today and found the TPMS ON the dashboard display.

See photo.
Attached Thumbnails
20221015_110922.jpg  
Old 10-15-2022, 12:19 PM   #27

Jayco Odessey Entegra Hub Caps and Valve Stems

I took my E450 to a truck tire shop and they replaced the valve stems and installed extenders makes tire maintenance a breeze. I originally bought ones the had at Camping World but they would not work. Front tire valve stems are just fine. Can’t access valve stem on spare. Tire is upside down in wheel storage bin and I can’t get it out to service it. Real bummer. Next time I am at tire shop I will have them turn wheel over so that I can check tire pressure on it.
Michael Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 12:36 PM   #28

Reply Michael Oakley

What make and model RV do you have?

Just thinking on my Entegra Odyessey I have never found a spare tire.

I went to a Ford Truck stop a few days ago and they helped top off the air but had no extenders in stock.

What size extenders did you procure and install?
Old 10-16-2022, 08:30 AM   #29

Jayco Odessey Entegra Hub Caps And Valve Stems

Went to local Jack Furrier in Sierra Vista, AZ. Scotty took care of mine. He gave me a "U" shaped extension for the outside dual which makes it easy to access. Put a new extension on the inside that clips to the outside so it doesn't get lost.

Thanks Scotty
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:28 AM   #30

I have an angled tire inflator and pressure tester, never an issue filling my Entegra tires
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote