Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #61

Just got my 2019 Redhawk 26XD home. Test drove it completely empty with no noticable issue. Pulled my car home and noticed squierrley handling. Not horrible but definitely there.

Does anyone know if they have begun fixing at factory yet, or do we still have to get an alignment ourselves?

I'm not real sure how bad is.

TIA all!
matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:10 AM   #62

Jayco factory does not do any after production alignment adjustments on the Ford chassis. They leave it set the way Ford originally set it up, which oftentimes is not the right settings (not enough caster) for the class C body that now sits atop the chassis. Not Ford's fault, they have no idea what their chassis will be utilized for. Contact Jayco warranty and first obtain pre-authorization for a front end alignment. They may at first tell you no, but be persistant and polite advising them you are aware that they have covered this expense for numerous other customers, and they should come around. If your unit is fairly new (usually 3-4 months old or less and low mileage) Jayco will reimburse you for the alignment cost. They will require a pre and post alignment report and a copy of your paid invoice. Another FYI, load your rig the way you will be using it, including full fuel, when you bring it in for alignment. Good luck!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #63

Has anyone recently been able to get Jayco to cover an alignment under warranty? I'm at less than 3,000 miles on this, and Jayco is claiming front end alignments are not covered under warranty, even though many many people on this forum have stated that they do. Please advise.
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #64

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
Has anyone recently been able to get Jayco to cover an alignment under warranty? I'm at less than 3,000 miles on this, and Jayco is claiming front end alignments are not covered under warranty, even though many many people on this forum have stated that they do. Please advise.
We have a 2021 Jayco Redhawk SE 22A. We purchased it in PA and drove it home to Florida; I noticed it pulled to the right. I contacted my dealer who called Jayco and Jayco authorized the alignment and the dealer promptly sent me a check.

Our prior Jayco was a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and Jayco also authorized and paid for the alignment.
Demco Stay n Play
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:34 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
Check your owner's manual. Mine references front end alignment on page 50 and says that a "road test by the dealer should be included as part of the PDI. The dealer can check for and correct any steering problems before you take delivery" and that "after this road test has been completed, front-end alignment and/or vibrations will not be covered as part of the new vehicle limited warranty."

Elsewhere in the manual, it suggests that you have your alignment checked after the rig is loaded out for normal travel.

One problem is that most of the "qualified alignment shops" will check the toe, adjust, and call it good. But it's the Caster that causes most of the problems, and the Caster as set from the factory is technically within spec for that chassis (it's actually a pretty wide spec). So many alignment shops will push back on that adjustment because it requires a bit more work and the installation of an adjustable bushing.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote