Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
The dealer network is better with Jayco which sealed the deal.
The Entegra is a Jayco. Why can't you get service at either once you get past, "you didn't buy it here, your at the end of the list".

That said, my interaction with the Entegra sales person revealed little knowledge about the product they were selling or the Jayco model that's it's twin.

Don't get hung up on what name is on the rig, figure out the options you want and play competing dealers for the same product (entegra or greyhawk) off of each other. You will probably have to educate the entegra dealer about the model they are selling though.

There is no premium to pay for an Entegra Esteem over a Greyhawk FSP. Play the dealers off of each other and buy the one which matches your wants.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:45 AM   #42

Quote:
Retired LEO...Thank you for your service! I for one support our Police Officers even though there are a few bad apples here and there. What industry or profession doesn't have that problem? Thanks Sir for keeping our streets safe during your tenure.

As bababooey said...Entegra Class C's are made by Jayco. You can look at that a couple of ways...first, Entegra is a known name and wouldn't want to put that name at risk so they must think Jayco builds a pretty good Class C. Next, I looked at Entegra and liked them but bought a Jayco Prestige instead because it actually had more options (Fullbody Paint, Alcoa Aluminum wheels, Slide toppers, and 4 door refrigerator) than the Entegra I looked at and was actually cheaper. The dealer network is better with Jayco which sealed the deal.

Let me give you a personal warning. We owned a 40' Country Coach Diesel Pusher with a 400hp Cat several years ago. Very nice coach with all the whistles and bells. Very expensive (for this poor boy anyway) but something we had always wanted. Long story short I took it in for service before a planned vacation and the dealer wrecked it and actually took the whole frontend from the door froward out...they wound up buying it back from us. That actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise because Country Coach went bellyup the very next year.

The point I'm trying to make is pick your product wisely. Make sure the company is stable and big enough to withstand a downturn in the economy. If I still owned that Country Coach when that downturn happened I would have been ok except for a couple of very important considerations that the Good Lord saved me from.

First...Banks won't loan money on a RV that the company is no longer in business so resale would have been tough to impossible if I had needed to sell for some reason. Can you say major drop in value. Second...no dealer network and no warranty or service and possibly no parts that were Country Coach exclusive.

I was mad when it happened but counted my lucky stars the next year when they went bankrupt.

Choose very carefully!
Thanks Bababooey and Cabinetmaker for some great insight into the Entegra and Jayco counterpart (or vice versa)
In that case I need to see which one is trending with a better price. The Jayco Prestige that you described sounds like it has the options that I would want I am also along the lines of solar power with a large as possible battery bank. I love the idea of boondocking so we can be off by ourselves with a Grandkid and a Golden Retriever. Then there will be other times CG's to socialize with friends that we meet along the way and from this forum
We're maybe a year away from making our choice. I love to study and research products.............great way to fill the hours This forum has been a great learning tool with lots of good people.

Thank you for the kind words and your gratitude for LEO's. It was a pleasure to serve my County. 99% of people are good............same as Law Enforcement. It's a real shame when a deadly mistake is made. Most recently the Female Officer who shot the unarmed young man in what she thought was her apartment.............she was on the wrong floor of her own apartment building....................incredible blunder. At least She is being charged. When you're wrong your'e wrong.....no matter who you are.

Again, thanks for all the help and thoughts for this educational journey that I'm on.
Rick K.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #43

The people who owned the Entegra Class C next to us have had it since February 2018. They haven't had any issues at all and love the unit.

FLOOR PLAN IS SO IMPORTANT!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
The people who owned the Entegra Class C next to us have had it since February 2018. They haven't had any issues at all and love the unit.

FLOOR PLAN IS SO IMPORTANT!
Thanks koko,
that is refreshing isn't it?
From what's been explained is that it actually a Jayco Greyhawk I wonder if Entegra doesn't order a quantity of them to get a good deal on them and then puts their name on it? Entegra might be trying to fill a certain price point.
So now I am considering and learning about Entegra Oddesseys, Jayco Greyhawks and Prestiges .....................oh-oh.........there's a Redhawk between those two
Old 09-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #45

I just sent Entegra a message wanting to know if Jayco makes the Entegra Odessy for them. If so, is there any difference between them?
Entegra preaches "honesty" on their home page...............We'll see
Rick K.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
I just sent Entegra a message wanting to know if Jayco makes the Entegra Odessy for them. If so, is there any difference between them?
Entegra preaches "honesty" on their home page...............We'll see
Rick K.
Got this from Entegra website...It's no secret that Jayco builds the Odessy line of coaches for them. https://www.rvingplanet.com/mfg-ente...r-home-class-c

About Entegra Coach

In the spring of 2008, Entegra Coach became a member of the Jayco family of companies. Jayco is the world's largest privately-held manufacturer of recreational vehicles, and we are proud to take our place as the builder of the company's flagship products. Entegra Coach manufactures and markets luxury Class A motor coaches. The hallmarks of our products are structural integrity, exceptional quality, old-world craftsmanship and excellent after-market service. We build each coach one at a time, and we back our products with a commitment to customer service that is unmatched in the RV industry. We are owned and operated by people who know and understand RVs. You can be rest assured that when you invest in a product from Entegra Coach, you will join a family that has an abiding commitment to quality and service.

Be sure to compare the two closely...the Greyhawk Prestige has some added and better features. look at the kitchen countertops. The Entegra gets the standard without the undermount sinks. Look at the window shades. The entrance door on the Entegra doesn't have one...the Jayco does. The entrance door has a completely different window. It's frameless like the others on the Jayco...not so on the Entegra. The shades are different material on the other windows. Check the latches on the exterior compartments. Look carefully because they may be created by the same company but are not exact twins.

This is the Entegra that more closely resembles the Greyhawk. https://www.rvingplanet.com/mfg-ente...r-home-class-c
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #47

Quote:

Be sure to compare the two closely...the Greyhawk Prestige has some added and better features. look at the kitchen countertops. The Entegra gets the standard without the undermount sinks. Look at the window shades. The entrance door on the Entegra doesn't have one...the Jayco does.
This isn't right, you are comparing a 31FSP with an Entegra ODYSSY! It should be compared to an Entegra Esteem!

My Entegra Esteem has everything you mentioned that the Prestige has.

Compare it this way if you want to be fair:
31FS = Entegra Odyssey
31FSP = Entegra Esteem

Redhawk, can't compare to either, it's on the low end of both.

I'm using the 31fsp as an example but it applies to all the floor models.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
This isn't right, you are comparing a 31FSP with an Entegra ODYSSY! It should be compared to an Entegra Esteem!

31FS = Entegra Odyssey
31FSP = Entegra Esteem

Some pics.. Entegra Esteem 31L. Or is it a 31fsp? I dont see a difference.
.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180911_191623.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	44050Click image for larger version

Name:	20180911_191648.jpeg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	44051Click image for larger version

Name:	20180911_191703.jpeg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	44052Click image for larger version

Name:	20180911_191707.jpeg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	44053
Old 09-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post

31FS = Entegra Odyssey
31FSP = Entegra Esteem

bababooey, hold on a second. I'm not comparing..he is. Look at RetiredLEO's post...he mentioned Entegra Odessy not me. I was trying to show him the differences. If you read my post to the end you will see I steered him to the Esteem which compares closely to the Prestige.

RetiredLEO is just trying to understand the differences and I was just trying to show him best I could. If I didn't make myself clear then I apologize to all the Entegra Esteem owners out there. The Esteem is one fine motorhome no doubt about it. I would be very happy to have one in my driveway.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #50

Quote:
I'm not comparing..he is. Look at RetiredLEO's post...he mentioned Entegra Odessy not me. I was trying to show him the differences. If you read my post to the end you will see I steered him to the Esteem which compares closely to the Prestige.
Yes, you are correct. I apologize! Trying to wrangle kids in for baths and posting doesn't work out that well.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #51

Bababooey and Cabinetmaker........you guys are the BEST!!!! I was kinda confused for a few minutes (usually hours) between the Entegra Odessey in comparison to the Jayco Greyhawk. Then the Entegra Esteem in comparison to the Jayco Prestige

Cabinetmaker you have done your research .........Thank you for sharing! Bababooey Thank you for helping! This is all pretty confusing when you see two similar Coaches made by the same company (Jayco)
It would be interesting to know if the like Coaches under different brands come off the same line?
Is Entegra's considered the budget model or is it slightly better than the similar Jayco offering? Or vice versa?
Are they close enough that once a floor plan and options are picked out is there a major price difference between the similar models when discounted at the dealer?

One thing for sure..............I love it that they're all on the Ford F-450 platform. My best friend was a Ford Service Manger for years before going out on his own. He has nothing but good to say about the V10 and F-450

I am considering calling Entegra and asking the difference between them and the Jayco and then call Jayco and see what they say
Again,
Thanks guys!
Rick
Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #52

I'd be interested to hear if they can actually tell you the difference. There is a reason that very little info from Jayco regarding the deltas of the 2 products are available on the interwebs.

If you have questions or want photos of something specific on an Entegra Esteem, let me know and I can snap a few.

They make the research process very difficult on purpose. The less info you have when you walk into the dealer, the better!
Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #53

Wow, good luck getting through to anyone at Jayco/Entegra on the phone!
Nobody home apparently!
Old 09-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #54

Got a email from Entegra:

Entegra Coach is actually part of Jayco. Jayco purchased Travel Supreme in 2008, which is where Entegra Coach originated. Initially, Entegra diesel products were manufactured in the same building as the Jayco gas products. Entegra diesel products moved into a new building in 2015, leaving the Jayco Motorized products in the original plant. When we introduced the Entegra gas products last year, we began producing them on the same line as the Jayco Motorized products. So, Jayco isn’t necessarily making Entegra products “for” them, but they are built together on the same product line.

The Entegra Odyssey is actually comparable to the Jayco Redhawk, while the Entegra Esteem is comparable to the Jayco Greyhawk
Old 09-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #55

Quote:

The Entegra Odyssey is actually comparable to the Jayco Redhawk, while the Entegra Esteem is comparable to the Jayco Greyhawk
Did they make this claim in email? Comparing a Redhawk to an Odyssey, one has a rubber roof while one is full fiberglass!

I think the last part should be Jayco Greyhawk Prestige.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #56

We've been looking at a motorhome for the last 10 years- and in the last 3, a class C became a more clear possibility to us. We like the floor plan of the Redhawk 22J, which is the same as the Entegra Odyssey 22J. We've look at pretty much every brand that has that particular floor plan and many things brought us back to Jayco/Entegra. We liked the Odyssey very much. The window, the glass shower doors, and the lighter colors. We also liked the Redhawk. The price difference is around $3 to 4,000 between the two. And we really couldn't find what that money went to. As much as we liked the Odyssey, we couldn't get the dealer to budge. We took a look at a Redhawk that Camping World had and really liked it. It was about $10,000 cheaper than another CW literally 20 minutes down the road- exact same model and year. We ask why and the salesman told us age. Because of the price was already so cheap, they wouldn't budge whatsoever. Which was fine; we walked away from them for many other reasons. There were some things we didn't like about either- mostly the door catch- it is horrible designed and torn off of every 2018 that we looked at. We saw a dealer in South Florida has a 2019 Entegra Odyssey 22J. It was their show model and while we liked it, we didn't love it. It had been pulled and prodded and poked and really went for worse. We low balled; they balked; we left. We've moved on to a Redhawk 22J. In the 'newer' 2019 versions, they've added a low pressure gas port, much improved door, and a overhead ladder as standards. I've seen a lot of 2019's that don't have that, but the newer ones do. The 2019 Entegra we looked at didn't have those things.

I've typed a lot and to sum it all up- while I am sure there are reasons na Entegra is worth more than a Redhawk, I personally didn't see the jump.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #57

Also- I just looked and both of them- Jayco and Entegra, now have a 24B model- which is a bigger slide and a bigger shower. The Jayco version has swivel seats while that isn't listed for the Entegra.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #58

Quote:
Got a email from Entegra:

Entegra Coach is actually part of Jayco. Jayco purchased Travel Supreme in 2008, which is where Entegra Coach originated. Initially, Entegra diesel products were manufactured in the same building as the Jayco gas products. Entegra diesel products moved into a new building in 2015, leaving the Jayco Motorized products in the original plant. When we introduced the Entegra gas products last year, we began producing them on the same line as the Jayco Motorized products. So, Jayco isn’t necessarily making Entegra products “for” them, but they are built together on the same product line.
I also got this from the question I posted on the Entegra FaceBook page:
Hi Richard, The Entegra Coach Class C’s are manufactured by the Jayco Motorhome Group on the same line as Jayco’s Class C’s. When determining how to build the highest quality product to add to our lineup, maximizing the hundreds of years of collective expertise of our Jayco Class C production team made perfect sense versus building and staffing a new line with an inexperienced team. There are differences between the various models. For example, the Odyssey has a front cap windshield and an ABS Molded Cab over with cubbies and cup holders. Hope this helps!

These were both quotes as received from Entegra/Jayco