Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
VKC

Jayco Recall on Hold???

Dealer contacted Jayco about the “hydraulic leveling system “ recall on 3/3/21. Over a month later the dealer gets a reply from Jayco stating part is on hold. No explanation
Anyone else get this for 2018 29 MV?
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #2

Nope mine is installed.

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #3

I received a Service Bulletin notice back in 2019 for my 2017 MV29 on the same issue. Called my local Jayco Service dealer, they ordered a bracket kit and installed it at no charge. Then I received the Recall Notice in March of this year. Contacted the same dealer and was told my repair from the 2019 Service Bulletin was a temporary repair. Jayco halted repairing for the Recall notice and have not come out with anything further. Still waiting to hear something but I'm of the opinion that the bracket that was installed should be fine without any further modifications.
rjsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
Dealer contacted Jayco about the “hydraulic leveling system “ recall on 3/3/21. Over a month later the dealer gets a reply from Jayco stating part is on hold. No explanation

Still waiting on ours. I went ahead and bolted on a metal strap (per the specs someone listed on another post here).
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Don't tell me that they have yet another problem with one of their recall fixes....

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:33 PM   #6

Picking up our rig on Saturday from our local CW supposedly the recall is all set . Initially we ordered the parts in November. But Jayco wasn't shipping them and they where on back order. Got the call to bring in the rig first week of March it sat there for the entire month before the parts arrived. I think they did not order the parts until we had the rig in their lot for some reason. Anyways picking up rig Saturday we will see what they have done then.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:06 PM   #7

Our dealer ordered the recall parts the first week in March and parts arrived on April 6 (about 4 week turnaround). They did the install the next day and I picked it up today.
Hilltopper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #8

The recall work for our Greyhawk was completed a week ago. The part was first ordered the first week of December 2020. By the end of the month the dealer received notice that the recall part and repair was determined to be faulty and a new part would be sent once the design had been determined. The dealer kept checking on the status. I finally sent an email to Jayco using the “parts question” link. The new part arrived March 17 and repair work was completed March 31. I mentioned that I had read and spoken to others who had problems with the lift system working after the recall repair was completed. The service manager told me they had completed 30 recall repairs with no problems reported. So far so good. We leave AZ for VA next week.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #9
CAG

Seems the first fix was not that and Jayco stopped that part from being shipped. Some dealers were doing that one and calling it good. It may not be good.

One hand has no idea what the other is doing.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:37 PM   #10

Dealer contacted me today, said Jayco recommended they do a temporary repair. This repair requires that they put a piece of box steel tubing on top of the chassis frame rails and tie the hydraulic leveling system to it , this will keep the pump assembly from hitting the road if original bracket fails. It will let the system still function but will be just hanging from this steel box beam. He said a NEW Improved mounting bracket will be available soon from Jayco he hopes...
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #11

Recall hydraulic bracket

Manufactured bracket to fit over oem. Used 5/16 grade 8 hardware. Allows original integrity plus added bracket integrity. I am done dealing with Jayco on this issue
Attached Thumbnails
E800364A-0418-417F-AF51-A7DB0EC228A5.jpg   113E8DCE-CAD4-4CC7-8146-4BFC1BFD8E11.jpg   D7DDCFE0-2859-4DF9-8610-488A2DC9EA2F.jpg  
Frequent flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #12

My dealer is waiting on the part from Jayco as well. I had the same issue with a window recall. Jayco took forever to get the one to the dealer; the assembly line gets priority for all the parts.
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #13

Frequent Flyer,,that is the BEST BRACKET and simplest to install I have ever seen. Your are a Jayco repair GENIUS if you come to Florida to camp I will trade you a BIG “FRESH” SEAFOOD dinner for one of your brackets. My e- Mail is (a125b@bellsouth.net).....Pensacola, Florida best SEAFOOD in the USA......
Old 04-12-2021, 06:44 AM   #14

I have a 2015 37ts with a big foot leveling system. Meaning, every jack has its own motor and reservoir. My model does not utilize a single centralized reservoir/motor assembly like described in the recall. With that said, Jayco still contends the recall is applicable to my 37Ts even though the recall states 2017-2020 models.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAT9110 View Post
I have a 2015 37ts with a big foot leveling system. Meaning, every jack has its own motor and reservoir. My model does not utilize a single centralized reservoir/motor assembly like described in the recall. With that said, Jayco still contends the recall is applicable to my 37Ts even though the recall states 2017-2020 models.
I am familiar with your frustration with Jayco. I received a recall letter. My 2016 27MV has an 'Equalizer Systems' leveling system which has a physically smaller pump and a more substantial mounting bracket than the Lippert leveller system whose bracket has been breaking. Despite my REPEATED attempts to have them remove me from the recall, including sending them pictures of my system, they are INSISTING that I take it to a shop to have it fixed. This makes no sense, because it is clear their repair bracket would NOT FIT.
2000 Jeep Sahara

Old 04-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #16

Frequent Flyer,
Just a note to be aware of.
The stress point is above where your bracket is installed. The bracket breaks at the weld on the frame just above where you have attached the add-on bracket.

Here is an alternate approach that uses parts available at big box stores, no welding.

I removed this so they could install the recall and avoid any warranty issues.

https://donstronicthings.blogspot.co...ilization.html

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_kleinschnitz View Post
Frequent Flyer,
Just a note to be aware of.
The stress point is above where your bracket is installed. The bracket breaks at the weld on the frame just above where you have attached the add-on bracket.....

Some brackets have broken as shown in this picture...
Attached Thumbnails
JaycoFailure3.jpg  
2000 Jeep Sahara

Old 04-12-2021, 06:12 PM   #18

Frequent Flyer,,I still plan on using your Idea I will just make the frame leg longer, and drill 2 holes in the frame rail. Yes, I know the rail is heat treated and it will be tough drilling . I have drilled frames before. This should cure the bracket problem...
Old 04-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #19
VKC

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post

I called Jayco last week. Parts showed Friday and motor home is at dealer
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #20

Florida Ranger I agree with your idea to make bracket similar to mine and extending it upward to drill for frame bolts. I made a T bracket that picked up my original 4 bolts at bottom. The top of T went right and left and I match drilled it to holes already in frame. Used Two 5/16 grade 8 bolts. No frame drilling required. You can either bend T ears to sit flush with frame or shim with washers and use longer bolts. Sorry I don’t have picture. Thanks to you for kind words and Thanks to Don_Kleinschnitz for showing original stress fracture point