Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #141
VKC

They wouldn’t send it to my RV Repair shop because he is not a dealer.
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #142
Al1

Recall finished

I took my Jayco Redhawk to RV Force at at 4950 Dundee Road, Winter Haven, FL. They got the parts from Jayco, told me when to be there and got it done and finished in 1-1/2 hour. They were friendly and courteous. If you live near them, they are the go-to place to get the leveler recall done. I highly recommend them.
Al1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #143

My .02

I had the recall bracket installed at Lazy Days, Knoxville TN on 4-19 at the start of our current trip. At our 3rd stop about two weeks later, we were scheduled to move sites at the same campground. Went to raise the jacks and the panel flashed and then went dead. If you prefer not to read the good, the bad, or the ugly, the problem was the same as mentioned earlier. The motor ground was attached to the new bracket instead of the chassis. The bracket is NOT at ground. It wraps around the frame but does not make an electrical contact. Guess it was close enough for the system to work for those first stops, but not permanently. Connected the ground to the frame, all works well.

The good: Vance at Lippert tech support was terrific! He sent me two different control boards thinking this was the problem, and worked with me a lot to diagnose the problem. He eventually talked me through raising the jacks manually with a drill attached to the motor.
Mayberry Campground, Mt Airy, NC. Although we were scheduled to move sites, they adjusted things for us to stay where we were without any problems.

The bad: the roadside service we called to raise the jacks. I won't name them, but to say they were incompetent would be giving them a compliment. He did not know how to follow Lipperts information to raise the jacks, caused arcs and sparks in the battery compartment, spent 4 hrs trying to find the problem when all I asked them to do was raise the jacks, then charged us for the labor. (We plan to take that up with others) I finally stopped them completely when they started discussing bleeding the hydraulic lines down so they could raise the jacks.
Lazy Days service, and Jayco's Technical Bulletin # 20V-780 US Units. Step # 10 (WITH PICTURES NO LESS) clearly states to attach the motor ground to the chassis cross member with a 1/4" screw. Instructions with pictures, what else can you do?

The ugly: see "the bad" above.
How much time I spent chasing this problem that was caused by someone simply not reading and following instructions.

This was on a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV we bought new in Oct. 2019. If you've read to here, thanks for letting me vent. Feels good to get it out. I've attached the service bulletin if anyone is interested.

Bob
Bob91750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #144
VKC

Thanks Bob91750.
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #145

My dealer sent me the recall parts directly to me. My current set up looks very sturdy knock on wood. You basically saw off the bottom of the L bracket and the recall brackets bolt together to make that same L shape.I may just install it myself instead of the hassle of driving up one hour each way and on top of that I cant hang around. Have to come back following day to pick it up. So thats 4 hours of my life cant get back.
Antper is offline   Reply With Quote