Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #1

Jayco Redhawk 22C opinions?

Looking at a new Jayco Redhawk 22C at around $57,000. Has the Chevrolet chassis with the 6.0 Litre V8.

This appears to be Jaycos base model.

Any opinions or suggestions about buying this model?

Also looking for peoples feedback that own it.

Thanks.

Mike
Mbranscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 AM   #2

I'm interested in Chevy chassis feedback as well. I test drove a Forester 25' Class C two days ago - it was quieter and I was able to get it up to 65 and steer w/ 1 finger on the wheel w/o suspension mods, helper spring adjustment, alignment, etc. A refreshing experience and one that frankly surprised me.

Also the bumps and dips in the highway were 100% different. The Ford more or less banged through them for lack of a better way of saying it, the Chevy floated over them and rebounded like a old school Grand Marquis or Caddy.

Quieter in the cockpit, more room for the passenger. I enjoyed my test drive. I'm sure you can't put the Chevy on a 32' rig, but the 25' rig was perfectly happy. Chassis wasn't stretched either - factory 159".

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #3

The 22c looked good to me. Picking it up at noon tomorrow. Traded a 2011 Holiday Rambler in about the same size but on a Ford 350. Its just me and the wife so it fits us fine for our summer vacations and our summer camping trips. Our price was a bit higher at 60000 but we had a trade-its all paper numbers in the end anyway. LOL
Nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #4

Best I can do is say our first motorhome was a 2008 21QB on the Chevy 6.0L Vortec platform. I liked it. Pulled fine.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #5

Picked it up yesterday!! So far like like it lots better than the Holiday Rambler with the Ford
Nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote