Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #1

Jayco Seneca 37TS Fresh water drain

I am trying to drain my fresh water tank and while the manual indicates there is a large diameter valve to do this, I cannot locate it. I have looked everywhere but clearly am missing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
rwienhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #2

On the 2018 ts it is located in the 2nd bay from the rear on the passenger side. located on the wall of the bay right side toward the back. you only see the head of the valve as the hose and valve are located outside of the bay. i would include a photo but I modified the plumbing on my unit for a circulation line and the plumbing is located in a different location.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #3

I’m my ‘15 TS, that valve is in the last compartment on the passengers side. There is a label outside the door that says low point drain but it’s easy to miss because it dark like the paint in that area.
As previous message said, you’ll only see the knob on the valve
GJegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:46 AM   #4

Is this a brand new unit? It is entirely possible that they forgot to put one in like they did on our 37RB. There are a couple ways to search for it, one is crawl or use a creeper and look for a blue pen line hanging down, could possible be red or clear. There are also several low point drains, one for the water heater, one for the hot line and one for the cold, but these usually don’t drain your tank. The tank drain is tee’d into the fill/water pump feed line. Another method is to follow the lines marked “B” on the attached diagram on the back of the Nautilus panel (if it is this style) and these should come together as one line that runs to the tank and somewhere in that line should be the drain valve.....again if they put one in. This is how it is payed out on an RB and K but not sure on the TS. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
B5E631B7-FBFD-4DB7-BD07-EB83676FF161.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #5

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Is this a brand new unit? It is entirely possible that they forgot to put one in like they did on our 37RB. There are a couple ways to search for it, one is crawl or use a creeper and look for a blue pen line hanging down, could possible be red or clear. There are also several low point drains, one for the water heater, one for the hot line and one for the cold, but these usually don’t drain your tank. The tank drain is tee’d into the fill/water pump feed line. Another method is to follow the lines marked “B” on the attached diagram on the back of the Nautilus panel (if it is this style) and these should come together as one line that runs to the tank and somewhere in that line should be the drain valve.....again if they put one in. This is how it is payed out on an RB and K but not sure on the TS. Good luck!
I have a 2018.5 Seneca HJ without a low point drain on the fresh water tank. There is a recessed plug screwed into the bottom of the tank but it seems strange that that is the best they could come up with. Am I missing something obvious? The owner's manual isn't helpful.

Thanks, Ed
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #6

Passenger’s side storage compartment. Same size hose and valve as the low point drains. Side wall of the compartment with the tank. Only the valve handle can be seen.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Passenger’s side storage compartment. Same size hose and valve as the low point drains. Side wall of the compartment with the tank. Only the valve handle can be seen.
I feel a little like the Pooh bear, the one with "very little" brain. Your reply was on the mark.

Thank you
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #8

Glad I could help. Sorry for the short response but I was on the iPhone and not the laptop.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 09-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #9

drain size

How does the size of this drain compare to the ones in the water compartment on the driers side? I'd like to know a way to drain that tank faster. It currently takes more than an hour to go from full to empty using the drains I know about.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvteach77 View Post
How does the size of this drain compare to the ones in the water compartment on the driers side? I'd like to know a way to drain that tank faster. It currently takes more than an hour to go from full to empty using the drains I know about.
They are the same size. The one on the driver's side comes straight off the tank. The ones on the passenger side in the wet bay may work faster if the pump is turned on. I haven't tried it with the pump yet.

Another thing I might try sometime is to do a power fill using 40 PSI of air with the tank drain open. This might help during the winterization process.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 09-03-2020, 06:42 AM   #11

In pre 2018.5 units the tank drain valve is on the passenger side and the low point wet bay is on the drivers side.

The 1/2 pex tank drain valve is located on the same line that feeds and withdraws water from the tank. So opening the drain valve and opening the low point drain would seem to work however the pump will actually pull enough vacuum to pull air up the tank drain line and slow the whole operation down. Applying air to the wet bay fittings will just blow the line out from the wet bay to the tank drain line.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote