Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #31

Ours had some swirls but not too bad. I think how good ours looked was because of our selling dealer. The owner told me he had two guys rubbing and waxing it for 3 days. It looked awesome when we picked it up! They spent a 1 1/2 days on our orientation. We camped inside the service building so we could work everything in the unit. They were just fantastic. Unfortunately they are 12 hrs away so we went to the local dealer. (mistake) We will see how it goes monday at the factory.

Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #32

Our selling dealer us about 4 1/2 hours away, not a bad drive either. We stayed on their lot over night. Our orientation was 4/5 hours the first day and about 3 the the next of them answering questions we had about a few things after staying in it over night. Service Mgr. called Wednesday and said it was in the body shopped being buffed out. Now the only thing remaining in to see what they are going to do about the flooring.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #33

LSA376... Sounds like my nightmare with a "high-end" Super C from another manufacturer... I will be picking up our new Seneca next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a good one... If I start seeing numerous issues during my PDI, I'm not going to accept the unit. I don't have the patience for another lemon... Owning a motorhome is supposed to be an enjoyable experience...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #34

I agree with several comments in this thread, the RV industry in general reminds me of the auto industry in the '70s. I remember buying a new GM product and being told "you'll find several things wrong with it, we suggest you just keep a list and bring it back in a month so we can fix all of them at once." And he was right, there were several issues, including the transfer case going out in the first month... A few years later I bought a Japanese car and was told by the salesman, "You won't find anything wrong with the car, but just in case you do bring it to my attention and I'll make sure it gets taken care of right away." And he was right too, I didn't have a single issue with the car. The flood of high-quality Japanese cars was the wakeup call that Detroit needed..

Unfortunately the RV industry still operates under the model of: crank them out as fast as possible, without any real QA, and let the dealer/owner find the problems and sort them out. You would think that they would look to the auto industry and realize that a good QA system saves money, rather than adds cost. And most importantly a good internal QA system guarantees a much higher quality product.

In fairness to the RV manufacturers, you do get a lot of bang for the money. I am surprised at the prices on a lot of the current models. The only way they can keep the prices so reasonable is to crank them out! Provided we don't have any significant issues on our new Seneca, I will be a very Happy Camper! The Seneca is a beautiful coach and I think Jayco has done a great job with their designs and floorplans...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #35

Back home with ours. Camped out sunday night at the factory, electric was provided. They brought it in first thing monday morning and we were back on the road by 2 pm with everything fixed. Very professional, prompt service. Could not be happier with the factory service. We do still have to bring it back to have some cosmetic damage done by RV Connection repaired.
While working on the styles below the fridge they dented one of the fridge doors and cracked the wood vent below it. I will never go back there!

Grandpa, drove past the dealer yesterday and saw 2 Seneca's on the lot. Hope it goes well for you! Good luck.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #36

Got some good news. Getting a new floor in our Seneca. Just hoping there will be no issues with this one. Tiles should be in early this week and they said they would get on it as soon as they got them since it has already been there nearly a month. Guess we will see how that goes. They are also installing a hard wired whole house surge protector. Rather have that than one we have to lock down in some way. The wait begins.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JayBirds View Post
Got some good news. Getting a new floor in our Seneca. Just hoping there will be no issues with this one. Tiles should be in early this week and they said they would get on it as soon as they got them since it has already been there nearly a month. Guess we will see how that goes. They are also installing a hard wired whole house surge protector. Rather have that than one we have to lock down in some way. The wait begins.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...all-26214.html
Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #38

Yes Dan that is what we are getting too. New floor almost done going to pick it up early next week. About ready to hit the road to somewhere soon.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #39

Just got back from 20 days and 2500 miles. The ems worked perfectly and caught a low voltage condition when running the a/c. Never would have known so it may have saved the a/c units from damage.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #40

Sorry just getting back to this post, have been busy. The floor underneath our tile was not prepared properly, dealer didn't explain in detail, but from comments about sanding and such it sounds like one final step was skipped before the tile was laid. Everything looks great now, nice and smooth throughout the entire coach. Got new flooring front to back. All other issues were taken care of and we're now getting it ready to hit the road soon. Smiles all around right now!!!