Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #1

Jayco Seneca Flooring Issues

Wondering if anyone here with a '14 or '15 Seneca with the tile flooring gave any issues with it. Our's has a few raised or bubble looking spots in it. Dealer assured us when we purchased that they would take care of it after we used it a couple of times to see if we had any other things that might need tweaked or fixed. We understand that sometimes you do have a few things that need attended to and we did. It is at the dealer not having problems solved. The floor issue is the only major one. Service mgr. told My husband the other day he is not sure what he can get Jayco to agree to. Husband told him he was not excepting it aps is. We bought a brand new motorhome and we expect it to look like one. I had our salesman go out and open up a new one on their lot with the same flooring, no issues at all with it. Then took him to show him our's, bubbles all up and down the floor front to back. He tried to tell me that sometimes heat and cold could do things like that. Our's is kept in an insulated garage that never gets beliw 50*. and we have not had it long enough to go anywhere that is really could. I told him that I expected them to do something about it as promised at purchase. Anyone else having thus issue??
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #2

Did you order it or was it on the lot?. The Service Manager's comment sounds like BS to me.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #3

It was on their lot. But so is another one with the same floor and thers are no problems with it.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #4

Unacceptable today, and will split over the next few years I bet.

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #5

Someone in another thread here had a similar problem, and it was caused by the fasteners not being fully driven into the underlayment. Don't remember if the were screws, nails, or staples.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JayBirds View Post
It was on their lot. But so is another one with the same floor and thers are no problems with it.
In my opinion they never should have left it leave in that condition that is why I ask. As to JAYCO they have totally replaced flooring so that is why I call BS on the service managers comments.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #7

We left under good faith that the store manager promised that they would take care of it. May should have never taken possession till it was fixed. But it is early in our working with them and my husband did let the service manager and salesman know that we were not happy with it and wanted it fixed. Will go back to store mgr. and or owners if needed. Maybe even get Jayco themselves involved if need be. This place came highly recommended by people we know and they have been in business since 1951. So I do think we can get it solved, just need to stand our ground.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #8

We have had tiles replaced in addition to tiles being damaged from the slide out operation. Ours is going back to the factory for a laundry list of repairs. It's one year old next week, was at dealer for 3 months now going back to factory. Good luck.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #9

Thanks LSA376. Most all of our issues were small ones, outside compartment door locks needing adjusted or as in one replaced and a few other things like that. The flooring is the biggest problem and we do hope they take care of it properly. Will almost mean either replacing about half to maybe the whole floor from the bedroom forward. Bedroom is fine. Are you having to take it back to Jayco or is the dealer taking care of getting it there and back? Thanks for the info.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #10

The biggest issue that plagues ours is the waste plumbing. The black and grey tanks are piped uphill and do not drain. A dealer in Reno had the rig for three months and hacked the piping, compartments, etc.. The worst thing is the piping is still not right, nor will the Mickey Mouse repairs last over time. We also have paint issues, our entry door caught on fire due to the combo lock, cabinets coming apart, etc... The dealer was a joke, Jayco wants it back in Indiana. I'm driving it back to Indiana from California then flying home, Jayco did offer to hire a driver, I declined. I told Jayco they would reimburse me for travel costs, rotate the tires, perform a lube and oil service, I'm still working on costs for the lost use of the unit for the time(s) it's been out of service. I rather drive it myself then have someone else in the seat :-). I just hope this will be the end of the issues.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #11

Sorry your having those issues. Yours are much worse than ours and I do hope Jayco stands behind their product and reimburses you over all of this. Nothing worse than having something so nice and expensive and things not working properly and not being able to use it either. Best Wishes To You.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #12

Ours has been at the Dealer in Middlebury for 3 weeks. Took it in for some minor issues plus the safety recall for the door keypad. Early season said they would jump right on it and get it done. Looked like maybe 1 day worth of work but lets say 3 days. 3 weeks..3 weeks.Was told waiting for parts. I finally called the factory rep that took us on the factory tour after 2 weeks and the dealer had the parts the next morning. Calling monday to see if it's completed. Did I mention the dealer is 2.5 miles from the factory?
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #13

Is yours a Seneca, if so what year? We don't seen to be getting these recalls either from Jayco or Freightliner. Found out about a Freightliner recall on an engine noise here on the forum and got that took care of. Now I'm hearing about another one from them on here about a parking break issue, need to see if ours is under that recall. Had not heard about the Jayco recall on the key pad entry from Jayco till now. If needed we need to have them take care of that too while it is there. Sounds like Jayco is doing there job, just need to get their Dealers on board.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #14

i have a 29xk same problem, dealer will fix it but they have to cut floor and tighten screws jayco would pay for work, since it is only in 2 small places my wifes solution was to put a carpet over it and wait and see what happens, dealer says no matter how it was fixed the repair will show, again if i paid 200,000 for my motor home it had better be fixed with a new floor, again all motorhomes have issues because of the movement and shifting on highway especially cabinets and seats
walkingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #15

Yes, see my Sig line? 2014 37FS. It's going to Hill's truck sales in Elkhart on the way home for the parking brake recall. My selling Dealer did not know about the keypad recall. I got notifications in the mail from Jayco and Freightliner.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #16

OK, I missed that. LOL

Then why are we not getting those notifications? Is there something our selling dealer forgot to do? Or is it something that we need to do? We are not getting anything from Dealer, Jayco or Freightliner. Getting all our info by word of mouth here on this forum. If I had not joined would be clueless to all of it.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #17

Yeah, those Senecas are too much $$$ to be having those kind of QC issues!! If I was able, would rather just take them back to Jayco as well.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #18

Well, 3 weeks and still waiting. They need the front TV (bad speaker) and the lighted satellite switch. Tried calling Jayco motorized and no answer. We have a trip planned and sites booked so gonna pick the unit up unfinished. Have to bring it back to finish. 8hrs of driving and fuel flushed.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #19

Thumbs down

Our's was supposed to go back to Indiana (from California) for repairs the end of April. The repairs have been scheduled since last fall as I have been assured the unit will only be there for 10 days. After the realization that the Seneca will most likely sit untouched for weeks/months I have rescheduled for fall rather than getting excuses and not having use over the summer. The last dealer to work on our Seneca had it for 3 months (last summer) and did such a lousy job Jayco wants it back in Indiana! Very frustrating to say the least.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #20

Sorry to hear this. But on the positive side hoping that they do get you finished and back on the road. When our selling dealer is down with worked promised at sale to our satisfactio we plan on using one of two places near by that sell and work on Jayco products. If we are satisfied with any work they do for us it will mean a lot less drive time as one is just 9 miles away and the other 15.