Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

Jayco service

Jayco service is 6 months out - be very careful to do all of your correspondence in writing ( email ) and keep track of everything

I have been trying to get an appointment since May of 2017 and Jayco lost all of my original correspondence so in October we started the process over giving me an appointment for April 9th so when I called today Jayco has no record of my appointment or any of our correspondence so fortunately I have most of my copies but not the actual appointment letter ( I have 2 emails referring to my April 9th date ) they started out telling my that we would be sometime in October before I could get in but after resubmitting my paperwork and about a dozen of my emails with several people ( none of them still there ) they are convinced that I can prove they dropped the ball but I'm still in limbo as to what is going to happen with my appointment ( I have traveled 1265 miles from West Texas and am about 400 miles from Middlebury ) so I am asking for a reimbursement for almost 2600 miles plus wear and tear and missed work that will have to be rescheduled - so they are thinking maybe they can work something out - so I'm just waiting to see if I go back to work or continue to Middlebury

Whatever you do keep copies of everything because the people that you talk to today will not be there in 6 months ( 4 different people in my case )

I will keep you posted on my progress if there is any
Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

So, you're having to go to the factory for service? Anyway, sorry to hear you're having the issue, hope it works out for you.

My first experience with warranty service at the local dealer near hear was that, according to the dealership service folks, it took about 2 weeks just to get the approval from Jayco to do the repair (noisy slide). Was wondering then why the heck so long to get something that simple and obvious approved, but also wondered if the dealership didn't drag feet on contacting Jayco for some reason, so not sure if Jayco was to blame for the inordinate delay.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #3

Les, my Seneca is there now being worked on. What are you having done?
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #4

Les, also, I would go ahead and drop off the coach and ask them if they would return the unit back after they have finished the service work.
This may be a good solution for both parties.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #5

I did not have any trouble getting an appointment. I made it in December via email, and brought it in 04/02. Had 9 items for repair. It was scheduled to take 2 weeks for repairs, they said it would probably be finished sooner.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #6

Well this is interesting, just got an automated reply saying my rep Mitchell Groom is no longer a customer service supervisor. I did get the e mail address for his replacement , have sent an e mail off saying I would still like to be at the factory on the 23rd of April. Still hope to connect with those who planned to meet up with me there. We were still confirming everything, communicating and it seemed like nothing was amiss a few months ago .Will update info once I get it
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #7

Les7h, I’m in the same boat as you. Originally I had an appointment in early January and was told it was cancelled and being rescheduled for April 23rd. So I called yesterday to work out the details and was told that there was no record of my appointment. Unfortunately I did not get an email confirmation of the appointment date as it was verbal only. So now I’m out into late Fall and needless to say I am not happy. Up to now Jayco CS has been excellent. After hearing your story I will be submitting notes of my documentation and will take it up the chain. Thanks for sharing and let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #8

New people

The 4 people that I have dealt with ( and liked ) are all gone and the new people are not comfortable taking charge and making decisions ( maybe something to do with Thor )
We have a lot of small things - step treads, several floor tiles,propane/CO2 detector has been reset from false alarms so many times that now it won't reset anymore, refrigerator high temp switch, slide seals leak water ( sometimes ), fresh water tank support and overflow losing water, entry door can see daylight through cracks, no insulation behind outside TV, pocket door between shower & refrigerator drags and has worn the " wood " off of the door, drawers under dinette booth latches don't hold drawers closed, Jenson JRV215N has never worked - the biggest thing is the drivers side rain gutter is upside down and several paint issues and painting my Truma water heater door while it is in the paint shop,
Have Freightliner look at accuracy of DEF & fuel gauges ( there is a service bulletin on the fuel gauge)

Nothing major but a lot of small things

I will show up on Monday and meet with the GM - Steve Claude and see what happens - I'm hoping that he understands customer service and will look at my email correspondence and understand that this is a Jayco fiasco and make more of an effort than his people have to fulfill my warranty repairs
Les

Les & Sandy
Old 04-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #9

Very frustrating

Tom
Are you still in Middlebury? We would love to meet for a meal or refreshing beverage or ??
We are here at the Jayco service facility but no progress yet - we have been in the reception area at the corporate office since 8 am & it is now 10:30 am but Steve Claude hasn't found time to talk to us yet - ( he supposedly is in a meeting ) Who did you talk to? And did they treat you like they wanted your future business?
Les

Les & Sandy
Old 04-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #10

Jayco what warranty?

JAYCO as far as we are concerned has virtually no warranty service!JAYCO knows from the get go, with the amount of campers they put on the road annually.There is know possible way to have a responsible warranty service.The money is made getting those campers off the lot and little more after that!Our 16 Eagle RSTS is sitting at the dealer now for two weeks for warranty requested last August 2017. Yes last August!Sent a letter to the President o Jayco no written response as usual.
Attached Thumbnails
RV Tech.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #11

Success

Well Steve Claude never did find time to talk to me or even acknowledge that we were there but we did meet with Jacob Frey ( he replaced Mitchel Grooms ) and James ( shop Forman ) and are very pleased with their friendly and professional service, they are working us into their schedule and have assured us that everything will be taken care of
Thankfully I had enough of my past correspondence that they knew that the schedule person Mark Schneidmiller failed to do his job and they also acted appalled at his choice of wording in several emails
I was also armed with this thread on the forum - they were not happy with the fact that we were not an isolated incident
Rice thank you for your post - I read it to them and think it helped them see that they need to take care of Mark and their customers so if you will contact Jacob Frey ( he may have already contacted you ) he will work with you and get you taken care of and he has assured me that he has spoken with ReadytoRetireanddrive and assured him that he is on the schedule
Thank you
Les

Les & Sandy
Old 04-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
JAYCO as far as we are concerned has virtually no warranty service!Our 16 Eagle RSTS is sitting at the dealer now for two weeks for warranty requested last August 2017. Yes last August!
JAYCO has no control over your dealer. They are an independent business.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Exactly Grumpy and that's the problem, and that's Jayco's claim to fame.And that's why my final warranty check list's from Augusts 2017, is not completed.Much more money in pushing campers off the lot!Thanks From Desert Botanical Garden Phoenix
Attached Thumbnails
06-03-13 006.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:09 AM   #14

Thanks for the update Les. I am actually heading to the factory tomorrow to pick up our 2016 Greyhawk 31FK. This is our second time taking it to the factory for warranty service (final year of our warranty). We have been pleased with the actual work done so far (knock on wood), but have had similar frustrations with scheduling (the rep we worked with last time no longer worked there and when I emailed her old address to confirm our 2018 appointment, never got an automated kickback saying she wasn’t employed there and longer, which should be standard for any company). Here’s hoping everything works out in the end!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I wouldn't put a Halo over Jayco's head either. They designate these dealers as their authorized service centers. If I had customers calling continuously complaining about poor service, poor quality from the same dealer, I'd be doing something to correct it. Even if it means pulling them from the list to do authorized Jayco warranty work. All its doing, is pissing off your customer base.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #16

Factory service center

Racechaser0
We were parked next to your Greyhawk last night - it would be nice to meet up with you tomorrow if we are around when you are there ( we sightsee and mess around instead of sitting in the customer lounge all day - very nice lounge area )
Les

Les & Sandy
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #17

Les, I should be out there around 10 or so to pick up our Greyhawk (which I am sure will take awhile). If you guys are around, I’d love to say hi. I’ll be looking for your Seneca! Keep an eye on our Greyhawk for us tonite ;-)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #18

Les, thanks for the update and I’m glad you got in and that they are taking care of you. I have been working with Forrest Mendelsohn the last couple days but so far I don.t have a new schedule date. I’m pressing him on it and hoping to get in as soon as possible but not getting my hopes too high yet. If worst comes to worst I will have a firm date in the Fall but I hope I don’t have to wait that long. Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #19

It's only my opinion, but I think it all comes down to risk management on the part of the manufacturer and dealers.

Thousands of new rigs are being delivered to dealers, by the manufacturers, as part of some kind of inflated supply and demand criteria by the RVIA. I don't know if the dealers are actually ordering them for customers or they are being dumped on the dealers to sell. Either way, when the dealers are trying move as much inventory as possible, to keep the manufacturers happy and keep their sales numbers up, we, the customer, all end up paying for it in delayed warranty and other service actions.

The dealers will always give priority to cash paying customers, because they don't make any money on factory warranty work. With so many new rigs needing warranty work, the backlog is incredible. "You can't get a gallon of water into a quart jug". The dealers only have so many service bays.

I had some good advice, from other RV'ers, when we were buying our new rig. Do the best PDI that you can so all the issues, that can be found at the time, can be fixed before you sign for it. There will always be some system or other failures once you start driving. Hopefully they can be fixed without any dealer or manufacturer intervention, but if they can't, we can only plan as best as we can and hopefully we will be able to work with some good people at the dealership and manufacturer levels. Safe travels all.
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #20

We've had an appointment with Jayco since November. Our date is May 1st, and they said they will have it for 2-3 days. We have a slide leak issue. We confirmed last week via e-mail and have all documentation to/from them. We've been corresponding with Mark. We're coming 1,350 miles, so we WILL be served. We'll be calling Jacob today to reconfirm!!!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote