Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #41

Sidewall Delamination

We have our appointment April 1. I am getting ready to submit my final list which includes multiple paint issues, leaking marker lights (those of you who replaced them on a Seneca, what did you use??) and a delamination of a sidewall. I am nervous to say the least, but am glad to know it’s Jayco handling this massive repair. Looking forward to seeing the Seneca assembly line. They think they will need the truck for 5 weeks. Everyone has said how great they are so I am preparing to meet good people and get my truck back in great shape.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #42

2017 Jayco 222

The list of issues with my new Jayco is unbelievable. The appointments to get it in at my dealer is 3-4 months out and then they will have it for months. After watching the you tube video where they show them being built and brag about how fast they are building them, I am ready to video mine showing how fast it can be burned to the ground. By far the worst purchase I have ever made. I wish they put the video out before I purchased a Jayco so I would not have wasted my money on the worst piece of craftsmanship I have ever seen.
defrcorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper TD View Post
I figured out an easy foolproof solution a while back.
Make it mandatory that everyone involved in Production, Assembly, and Design. Live in one full time for a Year!
A lot of the workers are Amish and Mennonite. They're use to houses w/out electric, indoor plumbing

I get a kick out of how "some" RV manufacturers love to play up the Amish & Mennonite workmanship. We have a large number of Amish & Mennonite people in our area. Great people, as hard working as they come BUT.......their specialty is farming, tearing down old buildings, roofing, building out buildings. You never see them in either remodeling or new home construction. Having them build a new RV just doesn't impress me so much. They work for lower pay, don't mind getting their hands dirty or working in a hot environment. Great workers, good people.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #44

I just had a ridiculous experience with the dealer. I scheduled an appointment for something that was looked at a while ago. The coach had been diagnosed previously and I scheduled the visit a month in advance.

The dealer is 45 miles away and I have to hook up the toad to get it out there and be able to drive back. I called this morning to ask if the parts were in and they were ready to go. Appointment wasn't on the books at all. They rescheduled me for later this week and got me to their parts guy.

Parts guy said he has no record of my part needs and I would have to bring it in for diagnosis before he would order any parts.

This all after I walked in to the dealer on the way home one day to see pretty much new people throughout and getting a long explanation of their revolving door situation with service people. They are "fixing" things now. Yes, clearly, all is well...........

Thanks National RV Detroit. Last time.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote