Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #1

Jensen jrv9000

I have a 2017 Grayhawk 31ds. Has been in shop for warranty work 6 and half months out of 10 months owership. Unit not bad just dealer shop. After picking it up again last Thursday took it to local Ford dealer Friday. When left home rear camera wouldn’t come on. Unit powers up but only thing on screen is red line on bottom of screen, no camera, no menu screen, no anything but red line on bottom of screen. Have read Manuel, reset unit, still same. Has anybody else had this problem. Getting pretty old with so much trouble. Please help.
Tightline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #2

Call Jensen customer service. They can help. Try reset pin button under volume dial.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #3

Sorry. Didn’t see in your post you already did that. Try killing power over night. That’s what customer service told me!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Old 04-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #4

Thanks mountain Cajun. I took fuse out out of fuse panel and left out for couple hours. It did kill power to unit, still no change. When reinstalled fuse still only have red line on bottom. Can call Jensen but just hate to since it is still under warranty. Will go back to dealer and sit there another 3 months. It sucks.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #5

I had one of those Jensen pure junk, I would not let it sit a a dealer for three months I would by a better replacement radio. I bought a Sony that fit right in and have had no problems
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #6

Yes crazy to set on lot that long but what has been so far. May just do that but still have 13 months warranty. Will see where it goes.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #7

What model on Sony - Hate this Jensen, subwoofer I cant control.
ncbomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #8

Anyone having issues getting the JRV9000 to Bluetooth pair with their iPhone? My use to work fine until recently. It will not pair back up with my iPhone. Maybe something with a recent iPhone iOS update? Works fine with an Android device. I have tried about everything I know.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #9

I put in a Sony model xav-W650BT it has worked better than the Jensen, the only two things I have had a little problem is sometimes the Bluetooth is a little hard to pair with phone and it is not satellite radio ready, which I did not want. It has Pandora and that has worked great. I would get on the phone with Manufacture and try to get them to replace or send you a replacement sitting on a dealers lot that long is not right I agree.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #10

Call Jensen directly. If you are comfortable doing the radio replacement, you can do it. They will have you send in your old unit to test it for failure and then either repair or send you back a new one for you to put in. I was out a radio for about 10 days to two weeks or so.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
Anyone having issues getting the JRV9000 to Bluetooth pair with their iPhone? My use to work fine until recently. It will not pair back up with my iPhone. Maybe something with a recent iPhone iOS update? Works fine with an Android device. I have tried about everything I know.
I called Jensen no help there. I did finally get my iPhone to pair up by first pushing the reset button on the Jensen and then repairing again. That seem to fix it.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightline View Post
I have a 2017 Grayhawk 31ds. Has been in shop for warranty work 6 and half months out of 10 months owership. Unit not bad just dealer shop. After picking it up again last Thursday took it to local Ford dealer Friday. When left home rear camera wouldn’t come on. Unit powers up but only thing on screen is red line on bottom of screen, no camera, no menu screen, no anything but red line on bottom of screen. Have read Manuel, reset unit, still same. Has anybody else had this problem. Getting pretty old with so much trouble. Please help.
Maybe persuade Jayco though your local dealer to swap Jensen with the Garmin RV-BBT601 that they installed in their 2018s or the Soundstream VRN-65HXB they are installing in their 2019s.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #13

Got the JRV9000 in today. Kinda easy hook up. Never buy extended warranty! Good Sam said they wouldn’t cover it. Won’t replace with an upgrade! JRV215N is not made any more so I had to go with Jrv9000. Good Sam sucks!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3963.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	39020

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Old 04-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #14

buddy, how do you like the jrv9000? Jayco just replaced by old unit with one.

Rick
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-in-Houston View Post
buddy, how do you like the jrv9000? Jayco just replaced by old unit with one.

Rick

I like it so far. I like that you can set the side cameras off when you use the turn signals! I also like the rear camera is the whole screen. Haven’t got on the road with it yet. GPS is useless to me as I use my garmin. But I’ll try it out when we leave our winter home in Louisiana and head back to Colorado in a few weeks.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Old 04-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #16

I had a similar issue a few times... mostly happening after shutting down the House Power while in for warranty service. The unit just had a blank dark screen(it was lit up, just all black with a thin line at the bottom)

After two weeks at CW, They reported that Jayco wired mine a bit wacky in that the constant 12 power lead is connected to the Truck power (on all time) and the ignition sense (that is supposed to shut the unit off) was connected to the 12v circuit that powers the refrigerator. It was in for warranty repairs the week before - and when I got it, the Refer was always showing low power. Jayco has a TSB that they are having dealers fix where the voltage drop from the 12 fuse panel --to-- the refrigerator is not able to supply the right power to the fridge. Add that the radio was also connected - it was not getting enough power either.

Once they moved the Refer to a separate dedicated circuit, the radio issues went away. Since then... it has worked Ok for us!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #17

2 Questions:

1. How do you turn off the side view cameras. When we tow I only want the rear view camera on.

2. My JRV9000 makes me do the pressure test (push the cross in the middle and corners) on the screen every time the unit is power downed. Any idea how to circumvent this?

THanks!

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergari59 View Post
2 Questions:

1. How do you turn off the side view cameras. When we tow I only want the rear view camera on.

2. My JRV9000 makes me do the pressure test (push the cross in the middle and corners) on the screen every time the unit is power downed. Any idea how to circumvent this?

THanks!

Go to settings, camera and press camera 2, scroll till you see skip. Do the same for camera 3.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Old 04-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #19

2. You have a bad unit. Mine had the same problem and they replaced it.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
2. You have a bad unit. Mine had the same problem and they replaced it.
Thank you. Who did you contact? Jensen, Jayco or your dealer?

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote