Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #1

Jensen JRV9000 infotainment failure

I have a 2017 Greyhawk, with the Jensen JRV9000 infotainment system. Its died on me. No power at all. Reading through the forums I see this is not a isolated issue. I see that sense 2017 they have used Soundsream, as well as Garmin/Fusion. First of all, are these direct replacements for the Jensen. And is there any feed back as far as reliability of the other two brands. Or is there another brand I could or should check out.

Thanks is in advance,
Ron, Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron, Indy View Post
I have a 2017 Greyhawk, with the Jensen JRV9000 infotainment system. Its died on me. No power at all. Reading through the forums I see this is not a isolated issue. I see that sense 2017 they have used Soundsream, as well as Garmin/Fusion. First of all, are these direct replacements for the Jensen. And is there any feed back as far as reliability of the other two brands. Or is there another brand I could or should check out.

Thanks is in advance,

I have. 2017 GreyHawk also and am currently on a trip. After using the unit for over 3 years, it just decided to not work on navigation. Everything else works though. These units must have a timer in them that makes them useless after a certain period of time. I am anxious to see what comments you receive on this matter, as to what competitive units work well with our model and year of GreyHawk. Good luck !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:35 AM   #3

I can only add...do NOT replace with a Soundstream!
Old 10-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #4

Well I finally pulled my Jensen jrv9000 infotainment unit out, the fuse was still intact. But I was reading that there weren't individual inputs for the rear and side cameras, but mine does indeed have 3 inputs. And most of the units people have used as a replacement only had one input and would require a switch. This just keeps getting worse.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #5

Typical junk electronics the RV manufacturers give us.

The replacements from the same names are also junk and cost more than a brand name that provides a better product.

I hope you can find something decent to replace your Junksen JRV 9000, Ron!

Murff

P.S. I wouln't replace it with an inferior Furrion!

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:51 AM   #6

Quote:

Thanks is in advance,
So here's where I am with this. I had my RV service center contacted Jayco to get recommendations as to what could be swapped out. I was very disappointed that they really didn't offer anything. So now I'm hoping "the guy" at Best Buy's Geek squad can help me find a suitable replacement.

TO BE CONTINUED
Old 10-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
I can only add...do NOT replace with a Soundstream!
Yes I hate Soundstream.
Glenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:56 PM   #8

Glenns, thank you, I have heard NOTHING GOOD about "soundstream" it looks like Jayco has used at least 3 systems over the last 4 years. And the RV service centers that I've called don't seem to have a "known" Good replacement.

TO BE CONTINUED
Old 10-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #9

The craziness continues, "The Guy" at Best Buy "Geek Squad" ha ha . After me buying the Pioneer unit that "He" said sould work. I brought my Rig over so he knew what was going on. Then on the day of install, tells me that "oh he can install it but my side mirror cameras won't work. Yes, a "Deal Breaker" . Everyone I mention the cameras in the mirrors to just freaks out. Does anyone have any idea about a switch that would allow the two side cameras to feed into the single front camera feed. My goodness I had no idea it would be this hard to replace my failed Jensen jrv9000 unit.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
CAG

Quote:
The craziness continues, "The Guy" at Best Buy "Geek Squad" ha ha . After me buying the Pioneer unit that "He" said sould work. I brought my Rig over so he knew what was going on. Then on the day of install, tells me that "oh he can install it but my side mirror cameras won't work. Yes, a "Deal Breaker" . Everyone I mention the cameras in the mirrors to just freaks out. Does anyone have any idea about a switch that would allow the two side cameras to feed into the single front camera feed. My goodness I had no idea it would be this hard to replace my failed Jensen jrv9000 unit.

I would trust Crutchfield before I would any of these Best Buy type places where, who knows what training the installers have. My cameras are out and I am strongly leaning toward the Kenwood DDX9707S. I find I use my phone for GPS so much that an in cab GPS is wasted. This unit looks good but I have not talked with the people at Crutchfield yet. In 15 years they have not sent me down the wrong path and they are there to help with install.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:12 PM   #11

is anyone familiar with a aux switch to control the two side mirror cameras. I am finally giving up on my totally dead Jensen jrv9000 that came with the rig "Greyhawk 29mv. Ever shop I talk to about replacing it "FREAKS OUT" when the topic comes up about to side cameras. I purchased a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX. But after the installer told me it was "NO PROBLEM" when I went to have it done he had no idea what to do about to camera feeds. I did some research and found video input switches. But with so many to choice from, I was wondering if anyone actually had a recommendation.

Thanks in advance