Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

JRV215N replacement.

Anyone replaced there JRV215N radio in they’re Seneca? My screen went white. Manufacturer said it’s shot. Tried all they’re tricks. No go. Same color code wiring is my concern. JRV9000R looks like an easy replacement.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #2

My 215 failed under warranty. I had jayco send me directly a replacement and got the 9000r. Super easy to swap. I did have to redo the wiring a bit, but it was no problem. The new unit is much better.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #3

Question after reading up on this, of the 3 plugs on the back, the 2 white ones are plug and play and the black plug needs rewiring. Correct?

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #4

If it's shot, it's shot. But I came out to a solid white screen on my 215 last year. Disconnecting *both* chassis and coach batteries for 60 seconds restored mine to working again.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #5

Yes I believe this is correct. Your cameras will just plug back in. Just make sure you know which one goes into what input. You MAY have to reterminate the turn signals and reverse signal that corresponds to that, and I know you have to reterminate the actual black power and audio signal terminal connector. Also dont forget to reconnect the RCA connectors that come from the TV audio.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #6

My Jensen JRV215n has been giving me some concern each time I return the coach power back (using the cutout switch at the door). Up until now, I have been able to use the reset button and get the unit back alive again. well.. until now!

When I press the reset, it will power back on, display the Jensen logo for about 2-seconds and then the display goes black. When it goes black, the backlight of the display is still illuminated, but nothing else works. There is a red power symbol that is right under the volume control - is lit... but the display does not go any further.

So... Now what to do??? It is a 2015, so the Jayco Warranty is long gone... We do have the Extended Service Plan(ESP) with Camping World, and could take it there. I really do not want to take it to CW and leave it for 6-8 months for them to fix it / replace it - and then have to repair my dash after they are done.

We are considering another radio altoghether... We don't use the Navigation System in the JVR215n now as we prefer Google Maps. We don't use the left/right camera's either, but have been looking at a 4-channel Dash-Cam system with DVR to replace all of the camera stuff (keeping the rear and side cameras, just adding a front camera and the DVR to the existing cameras)

I'd rather do it myself, spend more money and get a good radio and avoid all of the BS that I will have to deal with at CW. Looking for suggestions on double-din replacements!!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #7

Ours shot craps this weekend. Called our dealer, MH2GO, and they said order a JVR9000R and a 31100216 wiring harness conversion. Said it would be easier and cheaper than going through them. That's why I stick with the guys at MH2GO. I'll keep this post updated as the replacement is installed.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #8

Just found both parts on Amazon Prime by just entering a search. Parts ordered and will arrive next week. Thanks all for your posts.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:53 PM   #9

We replaced ours with a refurbished unit... We are very happy with the replacement.

More is here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post720102
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #10

Did it all work out good?
amycramer is offline   Reply With Quote