Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #21

Since I'm the OP, I thought I'd add that I emailed them - and got an initial response on Day 2. I had a followup and that response was the next day.

The answer was short and - while not in-depth - it did point me in the right direction to fix my AC problem.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanandcollette View Post
You can call or email, just don't expect stellar customer service.
Obviously you never had direct contact with Jayco Customer Service and are just here to whine.

Whenever we called for support never had a problem and they bent over backwards to take care of us.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Do you guys have big or small issues? Ours are big, so maybe that's why our customer service is bad. I wish you luck!
And your problems were/are?

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 08-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #24

The generator won't run the A/C when the coach is moving, so unless you are driving or in the passenger seat you are going to be very hot. Love the look of the new styled windows but you can't use them to cool the coach down on the road. We had to drive home from a trip in the middle of the night because it was 100° in the daytime. We took our rig in to 2 different Cummins and to our dealership service department 3 times for this problem. Still not fixed, and our service department literally said they give up. Dealing with Jayco directly now, they are slow to email and vague when they do respond. When I called, the customer service rep was not very forthcoming. When asked directly he said he hopes they will have it figured out in a few months. This is just one of our issues. So thank you Larry G. for taking the time to hear me whine.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #25

I have had a few problems and jayco customer service has been fantastic. They have sent me parts so I could fix things myself without asking to see or return the old parts. They have paid to have my water heater repaired while in a campground without any question. Great Service.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #26

Quote:
The generator won't run the A/C when the coach is moving, so unless you are driving or in the passenger seat you are going to be very hot. Love the look of the new styled windows but you can't use them to cool the coach down on the road. We had to drive home from a trip in the middle of the night because it was 100° in the daytime. We took our rig in to 2 different Cummins and to our dealership service department 3 times for this problem. Still not fixed, and our service department literally said they give up. Dealing with Jayco directly now, they are slow to email and vague when they do respond. When I called, the customer service rep was not very forthcoming. When asked directly he said he hopes they will have it figured out in a few months. This is just one of our issues. So thank you Larry G. for taking the time to hear me whine.
Not a problem...but it sounds like operator error as others don't see a problem...according to you.

Sorry I don't believe Jayco would blow you off as you indicated.

Other issues are?

Anyway good luck and glad you are just joining the Forums.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 08-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #27

Not operator error unfortunately, Cummins and our dealer both could replicate the situation, they just couldn't solve the problem. I'm not going to go through all of the other issues with you, as I don't believe you will have any useful suggestions for me.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:49 AM   #28

Have to disagree with Grumpy Jayco response is spotty at best. It depends on there mood for the day. I have been waiting for two weeks for an answer to an email. I'm hoping for a change in quality control and customer care now that Thor has acquired Jayco.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #29

My experience has been great. My unit isn't under warranty as I'm not the original purchaser, and each time I call or email Jayco, they respond with what I need. Sometimes they answer my questions and an a few occasions, they've emailed me different diagrams and prints for wiring and general construction of my unit (I like to add on and improve).
If you're a whiner and an opinionated individual, it may take a little longer to get results. When you speak to them use respect and if you tell them how they should do things, you may want to apply for their job.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Not operator error unfortunately, Cummins and our dealer both could replicate the situation, they just couldn't solve the problem.
The way I see this, your biggest stumbling block is ONAN/CUMMINS. JAYCO buys the geny and start stop switch from them and installs it. If that is miswired the geny would never start. All control circuitry is internal to the geny when it is running (overload, over/under speed, low voltage output, off cycle, overtemp, low oil etc) causing it to shut down. If ONAN can't fix it or tell your dealer how to JAYCO won't know either.

I equate it to an engine, trans or dash issue with the chassis, if FORD can't tell you where the problem is or can't fix it neither will JAYCO.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #31

Wow! Thor bought Jayco? When did that happen?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
From time to time I see someone mention that they talked to someone at Jayco directly for help and support.

Just how do you do that?
Do they have an email address?

Thanks!

Jayco = New Friends

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #33
Site Team

Post #15 in this thread has all the info:

I posted this in another thread, maybe it's of some use on this one?

-----------------------------------------
Jayco, Inc.
Attn: Owner Relations
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540
Phone: 574-825-5861
Fax: 574-825-0679

Or they have an online form you can fill out here:
Contact Customer Service | Jayco, Inc.

It's a good idea to have your Vin number handy before contacting them.

Link didn't work, lets try again - Contact Customer Service | Jayco, Inc.
2017- F350 6.7 PSD Lariat FX4,SRW, SB,CC
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #34

I'm just going to toss in the fact that I had a great experience with Jayco customer service as well. All done over email. I sent pictures and invoices, they took care of me, the end. I'm VERY happy with how that went. Was it fast? Nope, but like I said, they made me whole and went above and beyond to do so IMO.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #35
Site Team

Every problem I had with my rig while in warranty was coordinated and fixed thru Jayco by my dealer except one which was when my rig was just out of warranty and my dealer referred me to Jayco customer service who promptly handled the problem at no charge.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #36

Quote:
It's a 2015 Greyhawk 29ME, we bought it new 10 months ago. The dash air works great but it's not enough to cool the rest of the coach, when it's 100°out. The generator sputters then shuts down when the air is turned on after about a minutes of use. It then blinks a "needs service" message. Sometimes if it turns off like that we can't get it to run again, sometimes we can. Both Cummins said that the manufacture didn't wire it into the coach correctly. With all of our other issues we think the wiring throughout the whole coach is messed up. We actually heard one of the service guys say that the wiring was totally wrong as he was changing out our main power switch (we were hanging out in the coach, the guy didn't feel the need to filter!)

We too have a 2015 Greyhawk and found out this summer that when gasonline is below 87 octane or when altitude is above 5000', gen cant keep up with AC and peters out (both at camp and in transit). If altitude may be an issue, there is a adjustment on the Gen for altitude that changes the fuel/air mix to accommodate the thinner air. Also buy 87+ octane for both gen and engine hp.

As for direct Jayco customer service, we found it great. Shortly after purchase we wanted to swap our Jensen TV in bedroom for Furrion due to terrible view angle issues. Spoke to Jayco customer service both by phone/email and made the swap (with new TV & bracket) in less than a week.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #37

I am far from a whiner and an opinionated individual but like all of us I do have my opinion and and I do respect everyone. But I also expect nothing less then excellent customer service from a national company that sells itself as Jayco does.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #38

The experience I have had with them thus far is that I have got to talk to a person each time but not had any luck resolving my problem ..
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #39

What are your problems? I've posted on other threads had have some good advice

Old 08-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #40

I started to say that we've had nothing but great service from Jayco, but it goes beyond that... they have bent over backwards to make us happy.

As far as Cummins giving up, and can't solve the issue, they need to pretend to believe in customer service, and just replace the unit. If it was wired incorrectly, it wouldn't work at all. Send a registered letter to Cummins (and copy Jayco and your States Attorney's office), requesting that the unit be replaced.

Should be covered under the lemon law... three times and out.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote