Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #1

Keeping the wet bay neat

Thought I would share my water hook-ups on my Seneca. The objectives were (1) the need to know water pressure for on-demand HW heater without having to hook it up each time, (2) the desire to keep the post hook-up dripping outside the wet bay, and (3) minimize the wear and tear on the flimsy fittings provided by Jayco.

I used 2 90 degree copper elbows, a pressure regulator with built in meter, and 2 short hoses purchased from CW, plus some teflon tape.. I plug the lines when stored with a PVC plug keeping junk from getting in the lines. Each line is liberally labeled as "BLACK WATER" or "FRESH WATER".

When I hook up I just pull the short hoses through the opening in the bottom of the wet bay, unscrew the plug, and hook up to external hose. Any drips are now outside of the wet bay.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1314.jpg  

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

I like that idea, will do the same thing.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #3

Interesting concept! I really like the idea and may duplicate it. Do you put a pressure regulator at the supply end of your hose? I lost a good hose that looked like a snake after just eating a number of rabbits by having the regulator at the wrong end of the hose. ;-)
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:21 PM   #4

Ric, the pressure regulator and gauge are one unit. I do not put one at the faucet end and have never lost a hose in 4 years of doing it this way. Did you have one of the "flat" hoses that roll up easily? Or, did the mowers come through?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #5

No, nothing like that. We were at Minuteman Campground northwest of Boston. I had a setup of a 90 degree turn, a filter and a pressure regulator. To this I hooked the hose. The hose was the white RV hose with a blue stripe. Not old and before this in good shape. We had done it like this since 2010. this was the first campground I was in with such high pressure. Anyway, had to replace the hose, it was shot. Since then, I always put the regulator and gauge at the faucet, then the filter, then hose to the camper.

Looking at your set up, as I said I really like the idea. I think I would put the 90 degree turn, a gauge, a blue in line filter on the short hose and then the supply hose and an inline regulator at the water supply faucet.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #6

The only question I have is: the regulator is heavy, I have one just like it. If you leave it hooked up as you travel will the weight if the regulator eventually brake the cheep plastic connector that Jayco installed.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:25 AM   #7

I have had the same setup in my DP and have had no problems with stress on fittings. I think the 90 degree elbows keep the weight close and don't provide much of a lever to stress the fittings. Much less stress than if you put channel locks on it to keep the connection from dripping.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #8

Very nice, I do something very similar with my HTT, but have to remove it before traveling. I also added a 1/4 turn brass valve so I can shut the water off at the regulator if I need or want to do anything.

I also like the 90 deg elbows they seem to take a lot of stress off the plastic RV coupler.

I think I would make one change to your hoses. I think I would add a couple of wraps of Black electrical tape to the Black water flush, and either nothing to the fresh water drinking line, or possibly a few wraps of say a bright green or yellow to have a clear visual on which hose is which.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #9

I have almost the exact same hookup for my Grayhawk, except I use one of these in between the water inlet and brass right angle connector:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BZCZZE

Also, I use a green hose for the Black water flush.
LkptRvPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #10

LkptRVPilot, if I understand what you said, the difference is that you disconnect in the wet bay whereas I do not. My 4' hoses always stay connected.

I do use a grey hose to attach to the 4' hose. I don't think the black tank stuff can flow out of the sprayer attach…there should be a valve there…nevertheless I feel better with separate hoses too.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #11

Hi Walt. You have a great system going there. My comment was more for the benefit of some of the other commenters, if they are interested in a quick connect/disconnect.
LkptRvPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #12

We did similar in our last fifth wheel, except had the regulator with "T" and additional spicket that installed at the supply. I just made my own hoses where they'd be just the right length. No doubt, if you have a wet bay, this is the way to go. Much simpler and keeps the wet bay, not wet.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote