Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #1

Keyless Entry

I have a 2014 Seneca with Bauer Keyless entry. The system has worked flawlessly until today. Now when the contacts on the door and in the door frame come in contact the deadbolt extends and can only be retracted buy use of the inside deadbolt control or a key. To be able to use the door I placed tape over the contacts. I contacted Jayco and was told the actuator was bad? Has anyone else had similar problems and what was the fix ?
richard66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #2

Checked mine the other day. Had never tried it. Noticed the wire from the batteries to the unit was broken ??? Nice !
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #3

Have that on my t/t. Read lots of lock out stories, so I disconnected the wires.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #4

there was a recall on seneca's i would ask the factory they are fixing my 2014 now
loracnh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #5

Ours has never worked, so I just use the key.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #6

our 2014 37FS is at the factory now having some warranty I cannot say enough good about Ron Yutzy and his people phone 574 825 5861 they are great to work with he can explain the door lock recall to you
loracnh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #7

Sorry it took so long to reply. Been gone to a dog show. My recall # is 14v-467 from the NTHTA
Old 03-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #8

2013 Jayco Seneca 37FS Keyless Entry Lock Failure

I have had the exact same failure as the first post in this thread. I now have tape over the contacts so I can close the door and operate the lock manually.

Does anyone know a place near Padre Island Texas that will replace this lock?

Can anyone tell me if the lock mechanism replacement is a commonly stocked item at most Camping Worlds or should I order a replacement from Jayco and have it delivered to my address and then have a shop replace it?
jrhrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #9

Jayco sent us a new one with Improved keypad
and better deadbolt.
4 Screws and reprogram, no issues for a year now.
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhrv View Post
I have had the exact same failure as the first post in this thread. I now have tape over the contacts so I can close the door and operate the lock manually.

Does anyone know a place near Padre Island Texas that will replace this lock?

Can anyone tell me if the lock mechanism replacement is a commonly stocked item at most Camping Worlds or should I order a replacement from Jayco and have it delivered to my address and then have a shop replace it?
I had the same problem on my 2014 Seneca, the external (separate) 12-volt keypad installed on the early years of the Freightliner Senecas was very problematic. The keypad was made by TriMark, I have attached a picture. This keypad is still available from TriMark, I have attached a page describing the keypad. I have a Camping World near me, they do not carry this keypad. But they do carry the latch as installed on the newer units with the integrated keypad that is also pictured below.

My dealer replaced my keypad and latch assembly numerous times, the final straw was when the TriMark keypad shorted out and actually caught on fire! It even blistered the paint around the keypad. Later year Senecas came with the Bauer internal battery-operated latches with the keypad integrated into the latch assembly itself as mentioned earlier and shown below.

Jayco ended up replacing our entire entry door since just replacing the latch would still leave the hole where the TriMark keypad was mounted. But I believe the cutout for the main latch is the same, so you could replace your latch with a newer battery-operated Bauer and leave the TriMark keypad there but non-functional. I would want to make sure the original 12-volt wiring was disconnected so it could not possibly short out on anything, it isn't needed with the new Bauer latch anyway.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 540-0125_Rev2.pdf (707.5 KB, 28 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #11

Jayco also replaced my Bauer lock. Took the batteries out, use the key and it works fine.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote