Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #1

Kill switch

Hi All,
I have an Eagle 2001 mini motor home. My battery disconnect switch is working only intermittently and probably needs to be replaced.
Any ideas on what to use or how difficult this might be?
Thanks
pshipsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshipsey View Post
Hi All,
I have an Eagle 2001 mini motor home. My battery disconnect switch is working only intermittently and probably needs to be replaced.
Any ideas on what to use or how difficult this might be?
Thanks
It's a continuous duty golf cart relay and shouldn't be hard to replace. Just be sure you take a picture or mark the wires before removing the old one.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #3

Are you sure the problem isn't caused by corrosion on the switch terminals, battery posts, loose or corroded fuse?

On the other hand, 21 years may be the lifetime of a switch like that. Yep, take that picture before disconnecting wires. Disconnect battery wire from battery post and turn off power in on shore power to avoid sparks or blown fuses.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:42 AM   #4

I'm confused with one of the responses....the battery disconnect switch on my 2005 is just that, a switch. No relay at the switch, but it does enable/disable a solenoid by the house battery. Maybe I did not understand what you are looking for.

If you can post a pick of your switch, it would help. I had to buy a new switch, as a previous owner removed the switch in my RV, and placed a wall cover plate to cover it's hole. They are available, you just have to call a Jayco service parts department and have them locate one for you. About $30.00 shipped to my house.

On mine, the wires to this switch were still there behind the plate. Each had a female spade connector on them. One was the direct ground wire that connected to the bottom spade of the switch, the other was a grey wire that ran to the solenoid (connects to the top spade of the switch) and supplied the ground to the solenoid when the switch was pressed.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, disconnect switch, repace kill switch