Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

Kodiak Chassis Seneca Paint Codes - Topeka Graphics

Ive got 4 touch up bottles of now dry paint from when my 2008 Seneca was painted new at Topeka Graphics. They have the Topeka Paint codes written on them. 353H1, 352C3, 55 and 308F1. I have tried to cross reference these paint codes to have some fresh stuff made up at a local body shop.. but cannot find a cross reference for any of these paint codes.? Anyone know what they cross reference to? Like a PPG or Dupont code, etc.? Thanks.
jmackie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #2

The 08 we had was painted with Sherwin Williams auto finishes.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #3

My '08 Seneca was painted for the factory by Carrera Designs using Sherwin Williams ULTRA 7000 paint. The name used is Seneca Chestnut and the codes are shown in this photo of the brochure included with all the manuals.

We have a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store about 10 miles away and they were able to cross reference and mix small touch up bottles for about $16 each. Let me know if you want the color names and their [SW] codes directly from the bottles I have.
Attached Thumbnails
PaintCodesBrochure.jpg  
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #4

If you are located near an automotive paint store and can drive your rv to that location, they should be able to "shoot" the finish with a hand held scanner and mix an excellent match. I have gotten into the habit of taking a fuel door with me when I buy paint for a repair job. Good luck, this has worked well for me.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #5

Update with paint info that others may find helpful with this coach

So our 2008 Seneca is the full paint "Dark Chestnut" option. I dont know which other years this scheme was available but i know it was a popular one on this chassis for at least a few years of production. I got a hold of Topeka Graphics in Topeka Indiana where my 08' was painted and spoke to them about the paint.. At the time they were spraying the coaches with Sikkens brand paint products. These Dark Chestnut seneca's used four Sikkens paint codes 55, 353H1, 352C3 and 308F1. These cross reference / were mixed from the following common mass produced automotive colors, i.e. these are the codes needed to have a body shop make up touch up paint or spray to match what was original.. GM paint code WA228A is the "Light Autumnwood" main cab color, The graphics and body are: Mercedes 474 "Peridot Brown", Toyota 141 "Silver or Silver Haze" and Chrysler QU1 "Dark Chestnut.

Sikkens 55 = General Motors WA228A - Light Autumnwood
Sikkens 353H1 = Mercedes 474 - Peridot Brown
Sikkens 352C3 = Toyota 141 - Silver/Silver Haze
Sikkens 308F1 = Chrysler QU1 - Dark Chestnut Pearl

Hope this helps those with the same full body paint seneca as ours.

Justin
Henderson, NV
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7562.jpg  
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #6

They apparently used 2 different paint manuf as well as facilities. As I stated our 08 was painted with Sherwin Williams paint by CARRERA. The major color was GM since that matched the cab factory paint. Two others were FORD and one was CHRYSLER.

JAYCO has now solved the problem, they bought their own paint facility.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackie411 View Post
So our 2008 Seneca is the full paint "Dark Chestnut" option. I dont know which other years this scheme was available but i know it was a popular one on this chassis for at least a few years of production. I got a hold of Topeka Graphics in Topeka Indiana where my 08' was painted and spoke to them about the paint.. At the time they were spraying the coaches with Sikkens brand paint products. These Dark Chestnut seneca's used four Sikkens paint codes 55, 353H1, 352C3 and 308F1. These cross reference / were mixed from the following common mass produced automotive colors, i.e. these are the codes needed to have a body shop make up touch up paint or spray to match what was original.. GM paint code WA228A is the "Light Autumnwood" main cab color, The graphics and body are: Mercedes 474 "Peridot Brown", Toyota 141 "Silver or Silver Haze" and Chrysler QU1 "Dark Chestnut.

Sikkens 55 = General Motors WA228A - Light Autumnwood
Sikkens 353H1 = Mercedes 474 - Peridot Brown
Sikkens 352C3 = Toyota 141 - Silver/Silver Haze
Sikkens 308F1 = Chrysler QU1 - Dark Chestnut Pearl

Hope this helps those with the same full body paint seneca as ours.

Justin
Henderson, NV
Interesting. My '08 Dark Chestnut painted by Carrera Designs for Jayco uses these color names;
Light Autumnwood-- base color
Dark Chestnut Metallic- main color stripe
Black Metallic- secondary color stripe
Pewter- tertiary color stripe

I've used Duplicolor Universal Black for that stripe, screws, awning covers, ladder, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
PassengerSideMarch2016.jpg  
Old 06-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Interesting. My '08 Dark Chestnut painted by Carrera Designs for Jayco uses these color names;
Light Autumnwood-- base color
Dark Chestnut Metallic- main color stripe
Black Metallic- secondary color stripe
Pewter- tertiary color stripe

I've used Duplicolor Universal Black for that stripe, screws, awning covers, ladder, etc.
good to know! I wonder if they are actually the same colors (carrera painted and Topeka painted) and they just call the colors something a little different or if they are different colors.. thx.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #9

Its interesting to look at them side by side.. From these pics they are the same color i believe unless there is some very slight differences.. mine was pretty dusty in this pic too. Obviously the factory Light Autumnwood would have to be the same.. I believe the only difference in colors I see in the pics comes from the lighting differences.. Thanks for sharing the pic!

Justin
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 3.18.20 PM.png  
Old 06-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackie411 View Post
Its interesting to look at them side by side.. From these pics they are the same color i believe unless there is some very slight differences.. mine was pretty dusty in this pic too. Obviously the factory Light Autumnwood would have to be the same.. I believe the only difference in colors I see in the pics comes from the lighting differences.. Thanks for sharing the pic!

Justin
Hmm.. I just noticed the mirrors are different.. I wonder if that was a mid year thing or a difference in the way the chassis' were ordered? I know mine vibrate violently at fwy speeds.. do the tall ones do the same?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #11

Thanks for the automotive equivalent paint codes; hopefully I will have success finding those colours up in Canada.

Has anyone had the triangular trim pieces (on the slide corners) fall off? Thats my primary need for touch up paint. I have located some white replacement corners, but I am curious to see if others are having the same problems and how they permanently attached them.

Thanks

Rob

2006 Jayco 35GS
IamCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #12

Welcome to the Jayco owners forums.

We haven't lost any of the corner caps yet but have noticed that they are only secured with one screw. Perhaps some 3M Automotive double-back tape to further secure them.
Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #13

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply.

I will give the 3m tape a try. My unit does not have any screws secure on the caps at all. Thinking I may end up screwing them as well.
IamCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #14

Our 2008 35GS has one screw in the upper corner of each corner panel on each end of each slide on each of the three slides.
We don't have any close up pictures of those right now but can take some in a few days if needed.

We have many other model specific discussions happening right now. Why not join our Seneca first generation owners group;?
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...on+owners.html

We would love to exchange ideas and questions with you.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #15

New touch up with correct auto codes

New bottles of touch up arrived from expresspaint.com. was roughly 100.00 shipped for all 6 1/2oz. bottles
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2280.jpg  
Old 12-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #16

Very nice.
Can you post the order information for future reference?
Old 12-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #17

[QUOTE=abarkl;475103]Very nice.
Can you post the order information for future reference?

Number of Packages: 1

ORDER DETAILS UNIT PRICE TOTAL
================================================== ====================
QTY 1
Color code LEX-SCI-TOY-141
PRODUCT Lexus/Scion/Toyota Silver Metallic
PRICE $16.95
OPTIONS Paint Size: 1/2oz. Touch-Up Jar

QTY 1
Color code MERC-BEN-474
PRODUCT Mercedes-Benz Peridot Brown Pearl/Met/Mica B/C
PRICE $16.95

QTY 1
Color code TSJPri
PRODUCT 1/2 oz. Touch Up Jar Primer
PRICE $7.45

QTY 1
Color code CHRYS-PU1/TU1
PRODUCT Chrysler Dark Chestnut Pearlcoat
PRICE $16.95

QTY 1
Color code GM-55/WA228A
PRODUCT GM Light Autumnwood Metallic B/C
PRICE $16.95

QTY 1
Color code TSJclear
PRODUCT 1/2 oz. Touch Up Jar Clearcoat
PRICE $7.45

Subtotal: $82.70
Shipping Charges: $12.45
=====================
Total: $95.15

Thank you for shopping at Express Paint.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #18

I have a 2007 Seneca with the Chestnut color. i called NAPA as it is supposed to be a NAPA color, even though it shows Sherwin Williams on the container according to SW. It has the NAPA number on the bottle which was Code: 38162. They said that number was good an they are going to ship it out. Hope this helps anyone needing that color. Ron G.
RON GREGORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #19

I have a 2008 Seneca and the Paint Label says it is painted with Sherwin Williams 7000 and the name is Seneca Racing Red. I am curious if anyone else has the same paint name and could give me the paint codes because I can not see mine and need to find the base paint color code. I have clear coat peeling on the very top front edge near the rubber roof . I contacted Carrera Racing who painted it and they no longer use Sherwin Williams and could not help me in any way. If anyone has used a different brand for the exact same coach and can tell me what they used that would be greatly appreciated.
scot223 is offline   Reply With Quote