Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #1

Last day with the Jayco

Last year I bought a used Class A diesel pusher. I routinely pull an 8000 pound trailer and felt comfortable pulling it 100 miles to my local track as most roads were under 55mph and I was never in a rush to get there and back but now that I am going to tracks further away, I really wanted something that would tow my trailer with ease. We kept the Jayco around in case the class A didn’t really work out well for us but now that we have most of the bugs worked out of it, it was time to sell the Jayco. I put an add up on RV trader and sold it within a few days. The gentleman who bought it came yesterday and drove it home. It was a sad day as we thought of all the memories we made in that RV but also look forward to all the new ones we have are making in the Class A.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #2

We went the opposite direction a few years ago from a class A DP to our Jayco C diesel as we have only ever pulled a towed and wanted to downsize since it's usually only the two of us these days.

Happy Trails!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the travels and drop in now and again.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:04 AM   #4

Hi Wertles, I’ve seen you on the other forum and know you will enjoy you DP.
We recently sold our Allegro Bus to simplify life but I’m missing the power and three AC,s.
Hope you enjoy many miles of fun travel.
Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #5

Like Jimmyd we also went the opposite way...but towing 8,000lbs I can understand your need for a Class A Diesel.

There is just no comparison in towing between the gas and diesel. We are sure enjoying not having all the past headaches and expenses associated with that diesel power...but like Jimmy do miss it otherwise.

I know you’re going to enjoy pulling that heavy trailer with your Class A and it will be much safer for you and your family. I see them going down the highway pulling big trailers all the time. Seems the way to go for sure. Enjoy and safe travels to you and yours!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #6

Good Luck with your new rig... We also were faced with the same decisions when we decided to purchase our Seneca.

Our previous rig was a little shorter than your Greyhawk and had the similar limitations with towing our trailers. Like you, we were also overweight all the time too.

We really enjoy having the capacity and capability to tow our 10k trailer fully loaded with the Seneca.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote