Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #1

LCI LEVELING SYSTEM help needed

At CG. Leveling system came on. We manually set 3 jacks. While setting the fourth the system shut off. Checked in house batteries and they say FULL. Is anyone able to help?

"People will forget what you did or what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel" ! Maya Angelou
Bonnshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:13 PM   #2

Did you try starting over? Our jacks run in pairs, they go down 2 at a time. We level the low front or rear then the other. After that we Raise the low side. I would put a volt meter on the batteries don't trust the gauge and even if they read 12.6 leave the meter on the batteries while you activate the jacks. Many times a battery will show good until you put a load on it
Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #3

My 2018 Greyhawk needs shore power or V-10 gas engine running to work properly..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:07 PM   #4

You say the system shut off? Does that mean the panel will not turn on? If that is the case, check both ends of the ground strap from hydraulic pump motor to the frame. This is a very common failure and an easy repair.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:09 PM   #5

Hi there. We bought this Greyhawk new. We have operated these levelers both automatically and manually. But, this is the first time we had them shut off while leveling. The whole system shut off and won’t come back on. We just pulled the panel off under our fridge and we can access the power plug that goes into the system. We unplugged it there to see if it resets, My husband was just under the coach and didn’t see any wires hanging or loose. ??? It’s definitely a power issue. We had 3 levelers down and the system jus5 died when the fourth was coming down.

"People will forget what you did or what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel" ! Maya Angelou
Old 08-10-2022, 07:36 PM   #6

We will do that in the morning. Thank you all so much. I’ll keep you posted…

Old 08-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #7

How is the fluid level for the jacks. Try removing the parking brake, the jacks should retract. Start over set brake, turn on engine and re-level. Check wires on the unit and the fuses
Old 08-10-2022, 08:18 PM   #8

My LCI levelers acted up when the ground connection to the frame went bad. Big black wire between lug on the motor on bolt into the frame.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #9
RPR

On our 2018 releasing parking brake does not make jacks retract. If you put it in gear with engine on they retract.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:57 PM   #10

I will try these things in the morning. I did unplug the wire from the back of the panel. I waited about 20 minute’s and then plugged it 8n. The pa El will not turn on. But, I will look at the hydraulic strap. I will look for the big black wire. And, if those don’t work… I will try putting it in gear in the morning. We are trading it in tomorrow! I will be honest with them if we can get it there. YIKES…. What a disastrous trip. Interstate 70 across OHIO is horrible. I will never travel that road again! I’m not going home that way. I don’t care if it takes me 3 days to go home instead of 6.5 hours…. But not on Interstate 70.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:40 AM   #11

I would start with checking the ground wire and the inline fuse at the pump. then the connections at the controller (ours in in the electrical bay screwed to the top of the bin) and the connectors behind the control panel.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:45 AM   #12

I don't know if Jayco has a customer portal where you can look at or download everything on your rv. Thor does. Mine shows a pad with a display that gives codes, mine doesn't have that, it's just a pad with auto and manual. The forum strikes again
Attached Thumbnails
20220811_083710.jpg  
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #13

So we checked fuses and straps and breaker box. Nothing. Notified the dealership. They said…stop worrying and we will take care of it! Thank you all.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnshack View Post
So we checked fuses and straps and breaker box. Nothing. Notified the dealership. They said…stop worrying and we will take care of it! Thank you all.
That's great, good luck
Old 08-13-2022, 07:22 AM   #15
VKC

So does mine Florida Ranger. Start engine and set emergency brake.
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:35 PM   #16

So we managed to exhaust all options. We would really like to thank you all for your help. We went to RV dealership on Thursday, but traveled in our toad. We told them what happened. In addition to an elbow fixture cracking and leaking water all over the floor. The trip across Ohio was horrible! They were very understanding. We did the PDI on our new RV. However, they needed to add the Maxx air vents and quick connect. During our PDI their service techs came to the CG and tried to get the jacks up, They had to do this manually, they even connected tp a brand new Lippert panel, but nothing. They feel it is a bad fuse (which we did replace the inline fuse) or a celanoid. Regardless they thanked us for our honesty, we ended up completing our trade purchase on Friday. Tha5 is when we took delivery and that is when we drove the Greyhawk to the dealership. Today, we noticed a SOLD tag hanging on the window. So, I guess all things were good. Again, thank you all!